X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    :d:d:d
    [ATTACH]1057673[/ATTACH]
    "Tied". LOL, way to not set the bar any higher. Good enough comes to mind.

Comment

That Norway dude looked bizarre fast running hurdles, awesome race

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
        That Norway dude looked bizarre fast running hurdles, awesome race
        Correct, that dude freaking picked them up and put them down for 400 meters.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          "Tied". LOL, way to not set the bar any higher. Good enough comes to mind.
          vs None!

Comment

Skinner was tapped to compete in the vault individual final after Simone Biles, the greatest gymnast in the world, withdrew from the competition to focus on her mental health.

Who knew this gal was still performing?
            Last edited by Bayouboy; 08-03-2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              https://www.npr.org/sections/tokyo-o...e-simone-biles

Who knew this gal was still performing?

I think you are thinking of Mckayla Maroney

Last edited by Smart; 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I haven't read through all of these comments, nor will I, BUT I hope that someone has brought up the fact that she has never hidden the fact that she is clinically diagnosed ADHD. The medication that she is taking is an illegal drug in Japan, therefore she is unable to take her meds for the entirety of her stay in the country. The laws of the country who hosts the games supersedes that of the nation who sends the athletes. For those of you who say that she quit on her team, you are wrong, she has been on the sides rooting and cheering them on every second of the way. She simply could not focus because she is not allowed to be on her medication that she relys on to help her get through the day, let alone compete on the highest level imaginable!

post and ghost... I don't care to read comments any further

Comment

She is a quitter and should have never been allowed to compete on the beam.

In reference to the above post. She couldn't take her medicine and focus and now all of a sudden she can. I call B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                    I haven't read through all of these comments, nor will I, BUT I hope that someone has brought up the fact that she has never hidden the fact that she is clinically diagnosed ADHD. The medication that she is taking is an illegal drug in Japan, therefore she is unable to take her meds for the entirety of her stay in the country. The laws of the country who hosts the games supersedes that of the nation who sends the athletes. For those of you who say that she quit on her team, you are wrong, she has been on the sides rooting and cheering them on every second of the way. She simply could not focus because she is not allowed to be on her medication that she relys on to help her get through the day, let alone compete on the highest level imaginable!

So basically, without her legalized meth, she's nothing?
                    ADHD medications are the most abused drugs in the pool/billiards world.
                    Without Adderall or the like, these 100 ball runners won't even step up for $20 a game.
                    Watched this movie firsthand for the better part of 20 yrs.
                    We call em chemical players .

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Without Adderall or the like, these 100 ball runners won't even step up for $20 a game.
                      Pretty sure it works the opposite way for ADHD.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Pretty sure it works the opposite way for ADHD.
                        That's what they tell you.
                        3 yrs of first hand experience with the University of Indiana, studying these drugs, their interactions, etc..,etc..I can assure you it doesn't.
                        I've mentioned it on here before, but people only want to hear what they want to hear, and big pharma does and absolutely outstanding job of making sure you only hear what they want you to hear.

Comment

Kinda sad deal being hooked on pharmaceutical meth I assume she was dealing with withdrawals?

World anti doping has her meds listed as banned

“” Cognitive performance[edit]
                          In 2015, a systematic review and a meta-analysis of high quality clinical trials found that, when used at low (therapeutic) doses, amphetamine produces modest yet unambiguous improvements in cognition, including working memory, long-term episodic memory, inhibitory control, and some aspects of attention, in normal healthy adults;[40][41] these cognition-enhancing effects of amphetamine are known to be partially mediated through the indirect activation of both dopamine receptor D1 and adrenoceptor α2 in the prefrontal cortex.[31][40] A systematic review from 2014 found that low doses of amphetamine also improve memory consolidation, in turn leading to improved recall of information.[42] Therapeutic doses of amphetamine also enhance cortical network efficiency, an effect which mediates improvements in working memory in all individuals.[31][43] Amphetamine and other ADHD stimulants also improve task saliency (motivation to perform a task) and increase arousal (wakefulness), in turn promoting goal-directed behavior.[31][44][45] Stimulants such as amphetamine can improve performance on difficult and boring tasks and are used by some students as a study and test-taking aid.[31][45][46] Based upon studies of self-reported illicit stimulant use, 5–35% of college students use diverted ADHD stimulants, which are primarily used for enhancement of academic performance rather than as recreational drugs.[47][48][49] However, high amphetamine doses that are above the therapeutic range can interfere with working memory and other aspects of cognitive control.[31][45]

Physical performance[edit]
                          Amphetamine is used by some athletes for its psychological and athletic performance-enhancing effects, such as increased endurance and alertness;[50][51] however, non-medical amphetamine use is prohibited at sporting events that are regulated by collegiate, national, and international anti-doping agencies.[52][53] In healthy people at oral therapeutic doses, amphetamine has been shown to increase muscle strength, acceleration, athletic performance in anaerobic conditions, and endurance (i.e., it delays the onset of fatigue), while improving reaction time.[50][54][55] Amphetamine improves endurance and reaction time primarily through reuptake inhibition and release of dopamine in the central nervous system.[54][55][56] Amphetamine and other dopaminergic drugs also increase power output at fixed levels of perceived exertion by overriding a "safety switch", allowing the core temperature limit to increase in order to access a reserve capacity that is normally off-limits.[55][57][58] At therapeutic doses, the adverse effects of amphetamine do not impede athletic performance;””
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-03-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Yeah I bet she probably didn’t have enough energy to do anything after not being able to take that speed ! A lot of women especially abuse this drug to stay skinny and to give themselves some drive to get up every morning. It’s really no different then steroids except it doesn’t build muscle just gives you the energy to be able to go go go !!

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post

LOL, so you are telling me she has known this for four or five years, and couldn't come up with some alternative plan? Couldn't train without her drugs, nothing? Just hope that it all works out? C'mon man!

Comment

This thread is embarrassing for the green screen....It's so easy to judge from a recliner. Pretty sure if your daughter was Simone you wouldn't have questioned it for a second.
                                Why don't y'all focus your negative energy on the idiots over there disrespecting the flag instead of someone who has worked her tail off to be the best and seems to be a pretty solid person. Her teammates seem fine with her decision because they understand it..

TOKYO — When Simone Biles withdrew last week from the women’s gymnastics team competition at the Olympics, most of the world reacted with shock. Jacoby Miles felt only relief.

She recognized the look in Biles’s eyes as she bailed on her vault, stopping earlier than she meant to and only barely landing safely. Biles would later say she had suffered from the twisties, a form of gymnastics yips that leaves its sufferers feeling lost in the air.

Miles, 23, recognized that look because she had felt it, too. She, too, had experienced the twisties. She, too, had bailed on a skill, stopping earlier than she meant to. But she didn’t land safely. Miles fell on her neck. She is paralyzed from the chest down.

“She was brave enough and strong enough, even though it was the Olympic stage, to say, No, for my own safety, physical and mental health, I'm going to step out and make this decision,” Miles says. “I thought [it] was just really, really smart on her part.”

Comment

Working...
                                X