How much of your deer do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
    4 quarters, straps, neck, flank. I don’t fool with the rest.
    This ^

Comment

Just had hoof jerky...

Comment

Quarters, straps, neck, tenders are eaten by us. the heart, liver, tongue and ribs are boiled up and frozen for the dogs. random small scraps are given to the cats ( those things are vicious).

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
          I starve the buzzards.
          You may be a lost son of my Dad. We always kidded hi about starving the buzzards. The carcass didnt even have a smell left when he was finished.

Comment

We process all the meat and keep the liver. As already mentioned, the ribs are a bit of a hassle, but there is meat to be had.

Comment

Osso Bucco out of the shanks is one of my favorite meals.

Comment

For me it's more of how many dee I eat.

But seeing how I haven't killed in the last few years, it hasn't been much.

Hopefully that will change this season.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

On here it really depends on if you have your garage freezer on a GFCI. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                    I did the gutless on a few last year, and made a small incision to get the tenders, cut the neck off to trim up later. Really felt like the only thing I was really leaving was rib meat(don't keep any organs). No way that's 10-20lbs. Most gets ground these day's with 3 boy's. It's just to easy for quick meals in the evenings during the week. Usually are running out right around middle of bowseason. Try to put 4-5 in the freezer every year.
                    This is pretty much how we do it

Comment

If you don't eat the eyeballs and brains your just a wasteful person.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        You may be a lost son of my Dad. We always kidded hi about starving the buzzards. The carcass didnt even have a smell left when he was finished.
                        My dad and grandpa taught me if that deer took the time to grow it we shouldn’t waste it. Obviously no guts are eaten, but the buzzards better not be hungry when they get there.

Comment

Mine always look like a herd of possums got after it when I'm done with it lol.

Comment

When I'm done getting all the meat I can off the bones there is not enough left on them to make a hamburger patty. Everything that's not steaks or roasts gets ground. The dog gets the bones and organs.

Comment

I cut the hindquarters into roasts. Backstrap of course. Tenderloins if they are big enough. Shoulder is all grind, neck meat is either roast of grind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                                My dad and grandpa taught me if that deer took the time to grow it we shouldn’t waste it. Obviously no guts are eaten, but the buzzards better not be hungry when they get there.
                                They say the same about Broccoli but am I a sinner if I just eat the flowerets instead of the stalk and roots ?

Comment

Working...
                                X