Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Poor man’s lease question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d pick something with a bed I hate sleeping on the ground

Comment

For the money you could probably build a 10’x10’ camo house with a metal roof. Over the next couple seasons you could add on things. But I agree a place to sleep on-site is much better and the post hunt campfire is where it’s at for me.

Comment

Pup tent- sleeping bag and no 4 wheeler! This will be a must as fast as prices are rising on cOrN!

Comment

You can sleep in your truck are a tent on nice nights if it is hot are cold go to the motel and stay a night.

Comment

Definately a place to sleep and relax to stay out of the weather.

Comment

Stay in the hotel. Get a feel for the land and how the animals move through it.

Invest in shelter next year, if you decide to stay and the landowner decides to keep you.

Comment

Depends if you want to kill a deer. Small property and loud campsite will not co-exist with wild animals. If the motel is cheap, $1200 will go along way in providing good shelter.

Comment

Shelter first for me.

Comment

I have a camper you can have. Its a 30 footer with a title. The roof has water damage. We were going to put some R panels on it but I ended buying another camper instead. Last time I used it the AC and Hotwater heater did work but the refrigerator did not. It's covered in tarps now. Let me know if you're interested. As is......no warranty!

Comment

Cheap atv.You can mess up a pickup real quick using it like an old farm truck.

Comment

I guess I am one of the poor men as well. As I to am getting on a place after 27 years,, this is my have to have that I am spending on
                        Will look for a inexpensive 4 wheeler getting latter stand from good ol’tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Travel trailer, storage building or something similar.....no hotel or tent!

Comment

on a poor mans budget, travel trailer and then a truck to pull it.. not in my cards right off the bat, perhaps OP, can or will....
                            i think the first year /season is all about getting a feel the place, and the other peeps on it, how secure it is and how comfortable i feel around the other hunters, as the whole experience is about socializing as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                              I guess I am one of the poor men as well. As I to am getting on a place after 27 years,, this is my have to have that I am spending on
                              Will look for a inexpensive 4 wheeler getting latter stand from good ol’tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              You’ll be happy with that tent. I picked up an airbedz mattress to go in mine. Just as good as sleeping at home.

Comment

If you get lucky you could have a nice tent setup and an atv.
                                I've gotten some great atv deals on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X