Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What to do in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway is an excellent Thai food place if you like Thai food.
    Eddie V's is a great experience as well.

Go to the lake and rent a stand up paddle board and paddle around for an hour or two, or just walk around town lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      I always try to hit the favorites while I am in town.

Brunch - Moonshine
      Lunch - Matt's El Rancho
      Dinner - Ranch 616

If BBQ is on the menu, lots of great options - Franklin's, La BBQ, Valentine's, Whitfield's come to mind and worth the wait.
      two great places to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        There is A LOT wrong with Austin these days, to be sure.

But if you can't have a fantastic time in Austin, you are a complete mongoloid, or you are an otherwise BORING mf.

Big town, lotsa cool stuff, try to be a big boy, and you'll be ok.
        Yes. Austin politics and homelessness are horrible but...

If you can't find at least one positive thing to outshine the negatives in any big city, I wouldn't wanna hang with you. Everyone here would enjoy some live music, good eats, the bats at Commerce(?) bridge, barton springs, etc... At least for one weekend. Some good suggestions so far.

Comment

Mt Bonnell is free and great view of city and Colorado River.

Comment

Home Slice Pizza has the best Italian sandwich I have ever had. I believe they call it the Italian assorted. Add the cherry peppers. Pinthouse Pizza is also great, their beer is great. If you like IPA's get the Electric Jellyfish, it is lights out and they sell it al a lot of places around town.

Comment

If you CAN find one thing to enjoy about a big city, then I ain’t gonna hang with you. See, that works both ways.

Comment

I worked in Austin for about 8 months. They have a fast food place called P.Terrys, its basically the Austin version of In&Out but they pride themselves on the beef they use but their fries are amazing.
                Andy's Frozen Custard is a definite GoTo (their Bottled cream soda is out of this world) also Amy's Ice cream has some really good homemade ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  If you CAN find one thing to enjoy about a big city, then I ain’t gonna hang with you. See, that works both ways.
                  Spot on. City dwellers.

Comment

Austin has a lot of great pleases to eat. Down here now eating at Thai kitchen for lunch.

Comment

Thanks for info guys, the good and the bad. We are easy and can have a good time anywhere. We’ll definitely be hitting some of the food joints and likely some cool day drinking spots. We talked about getting on the lake one day and watching the bats too. Looking at Omni Barton as well. Doubt we’ll venture down 6th by the sounds of its downfall. Looking forward to the trip and just a getaway from kids and work for the most part.

Comment

Salt Lick for BBQ
                        Walk Soho
                        Hopdaddy for burgers/milk shakes on Soho

Comment

Put a Trump shirt and hat on walk around with a cheeseburger should get lots of action.

Comment

Leave

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              If you CAN find one thing to enjoy about a big city, then I ain’t gonna hang with you.
                              Short sighted.

I can find one, ONE good thing to enjoy about a big city. Stay the hell out of it and enjoy!

Seriously though, skirt around it and go to Leander to buy a Krivoman or something. Take that to the property and have a better weekend.

Comment

The Salt Lick is average at best by central Texas standards. Not worth the drive. Continue on to Wimberley and get moist brisket at Creekside Cookers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X