Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What animal has the best tasting venison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m surprised Oryx hasn’t come up! It’s my favorite followed by red deer!

Comment

Black wildebeest is the best I've eaten.

Comment

Nilgai by a wide margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

caribou

Comment

As my buddy in NM says about hunting cow elk ‘shoot the little one bro’.

Axis is hard to beat, but I’ve had some that is really tough. Elk is obviously fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been eating my axis for about 6 months now. The burger meat is almost like beef - hard to tell the difference. I had 10% beef fat mixed in though.

Comment

Axis, it's dang-near beef.

Comment

Any of the chicken fried versions...and if they had spots, even better

Comment

Elk, axis and if Oryx isnt venison it is still near the top for me.

Ive killed and eaten Eland, Caribou, Nilgai, Fallow, Blackbuck and none of them are in the ballpark of those three in my opinion but are still darn good. I would like to try some red deer next.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                      Axis, it's dang-near beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        It's important to keep in mind that "wild" game served at restaurants, was raised on a farm.
                        Good point. The elk tasted just like wild elk I've had but size and tenderness makes me think young and farm raised.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Well you’re disqualified then if you think that goat meat beats Fallow and Axis.
                          Man I was shocked how good blackbuck was. Never would have guessed. Fallow and Axis are a close second for me. I do realize it's not venison but neither are most of the other answers I've read.
                          Last edited by Pineywoods; 06-01-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Some of the best wild game I've ever had was mountain lion...

Comment

I used to think axis..... but the fallow doe I arrowed last year was probably the best I’ve ever had. Kudu, Nilgai and elk right behind axis.

Comment

I’ll play….elephant, followed closely by rhino, hippo slightly in third. Dodo bird was my favorite, kind of hard to find these days along with ivory billed woodpeckers.

Comment

Working...
                                X