Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What animal has the best tasting venison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    On an unrelated note. I went fishing and caught some nice catfish. I will be frying catfish venison fillets this weekend.
    You gonna soak your venison on ice in a cooler?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      You gonna soak your venison on ice in a cooler?
      Hilarious and make sure you pull the drain plug

Comment

I’ll play.

Close race between axis and oryx for me. Don’t know if I could tell a difference on a blind test. Would love to try caribou, moose, and nilgai just haven’t had the chance yet. I tend to believe it has much more to do with the specific animal and the preparation, but generally speaking I would give the nod to axis.

Best steak I ever had that wasn’t beef: bison; now I’m sure I’ve broken the rules of the thread.

Comment

Wow...the fact that some people can distinguish beyween 12 different kinds of venison is impressive. I'll eat it and enjoy it and take your word for what it is. If I've killed it and had a few beverages in the cooking process, it's all excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            In your opinion what’s the best venison excluding Elk and Moose? Feel free to say one of those, but then add your next favorite. I personally think the bigger the animal the better the venison. What say you?
            Mule deer after the elk. It's close.

Comment

Scimitar horned oryx don’t know if it’s considered venison though.
              Axis
              Red Deer .

Comment

Well, we are sticking to venison being from deer species...in this order...
                Moose
                Axis
                Sika
                Whitetail
                Mule deer
                Elk
                If you included other species, oryx would be under moose. Antelope would be under elk.

Comment

Working...
                X