No announcement yet.

Reasons we Bailed and Moved to Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You left Dallas, but there’s no professional football in Iowa. Well I guess that’s a wash.

Comment

Rub it in-rub it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never thought I would leave Texas but the Midwest and Montana is appealing. It's getting crowded even in East Texas and will only get a lot worse in the next decade. If and when I can retire, I plan on splitting time on our small farm here and somewhere up north. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          I have been to the red roofed house on the hillside, and let me tell you brothers and sisters, it is legit!! Garden out back, surrounded by corn, soybeans and nothing. Quiet enough to speak in conversational levels standing by the road or anywhere else outside. And it is all guarded by a pack of overly indifferent yet incredibly protective cats. What more could anyone need?!

I cant wait to draw my tag and sit in a tree somewhere northeast of Dallas and soak it all in!
          I am looking forward to it Glenn. We are going to have a great time hunting these timber ghosts. I already have a bunch of spots picked out for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful place but man it would be hard to leave this awsome state. Both sides of the family have resided here since the Alamo and even defended her.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              Driving straight up I-35 thru Iowa you don't see much other than corn fields and soybean fields. You don't see the beautiful parts of the state from I-35. That is kinda like driving from Lubbock to Rankin and thinking all of Texas looks like that.
              Texas has very diverse topography. I don't think Iowa does. What do they have comparable to the Padre Island National Seashore or the hill country? Everything is dead and covered in snow 6 months of the year, no?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                Rub it in-rub it in

John. We would love to see you. You are welcome here anytime.[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  John. We would love to see you. You are welcome here anytime.[emoji106]

Don’t tempt me it’s already to darn hot here

Comment

Lived in Eldora growing up for a few years and really liked it up there. I could definitely be talked in to going back with as dumb as everything is getting here...

Comment

I go to Iowa at least once a year to see my cousins and hunt pheasants. I was getting gas on day and my cousin told me the gas station wasn't open. The pump was working so after I got gas I went into the building and left the money on the counter because there wasn't anyone there. I went to the bar after that and I saw the owner and he told me he left it open just in case someone needed gas.

Comment

I like Iowa but it's just too far from Texas for me.

Seriously though I'm glad that you are all happy up there. Life is about change and I'm glad the change agreed with you.

Comment

We had snow cover on the ground constant only the month of February. North of I-80 the winters are more severe. We are in SE Iowa. Our climate and snowfall average is similar to St.Louis or Kansas City.

The Loess Hills National Scenic Byway is similar to Padre minus the Gulf. The area where we live is huge rolling hills formed by glaciers with a lot of steep elevation changes. The northeast corner of the state is very similar to parts of Colorado with rough canyons and steep rocky bluffs.

The west state line is the Missouri River which is the longest river in the U.S. (100 miles longer than the Mississippi). The eastern state line is the Mississippi River which is the largest overall river in the U.S.

The Indians referred to Iowa as "the land between the two rivers where the tall corn grows". The Iowa, Otoe, Omaha, and Souix nations ruled the land that became the state of Iowa before settlers crossed the Mississippi.

Comment

I would choose Iowa over DFW (or any other big congested city) any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I don't care how cold it is in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              I would choose Iowa over DFW (or any other big congested city) any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I don't care how cold it is in the winter.
                              I have lived in Wimberley for 18 years. Lol.

Wait, near Wimberley for 14 and between Wimberley and Dripping Springs on acreage the last 4. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-26-2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
                                I too have contemplated this.I have 5 years left working in Austin and I will be out of here ASAP.
                                Hey Brother, you do know that there is life outside of Austin don’t you?

Comment

Working...
                                X