Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Enjoy the ride and politics be ****ed......LIFE is precious!!![emoji120]”

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Spot on here! Life is so precious, look at possibly leaving this great Country and earth, you “should” have a better outlook.

Comment

Very nice. Did you retire prior to moving?

Comment

It's pretty awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You and your wife live on a beautiful place. I get your thinking on those seven reasons, and I wish you and all your family there the best. I enjoy your pics of this cool part of the USA I have never got to see for myself. Happy hunting and happy life!

Comment

I drove through there in April going to Minnesota. It seemed like the flattest, most barren land in my travels. Absolutely nothing there. It didn't look like that pic because everything was brown.

I never thought I'd ever consider leaving Texas but if it turns blue and gets crazy gun laws I'm out. If I gotta deal with cold and snow I gotta have mountains to ride though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-26-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Must be karma, while I just thanked you for posting those great pics of your place, you posted some more awesome ones. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                The Skunk River is just northeast of us. The North Fabuis flows thru our place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My step dads family was from Rome Iowa just outside of my pleasant
                I do miss the sterzing potato chips too!

Sad thing is his brother is a farmer and they shoot massive deer off his place in Henry county and I’ve just never taken the time to get up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think about moving out of Texas all the time, mostly to get away from the heat. But with all the most ideal places I've thought of to live, it seems like the bears had the same idea. I do NOT want to get eaten by a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    Wait a minute. We still have about 2,000,000 more illegals to transport throughout the country. Sooner or later they will be coming to a town or city near you/me. They’re already here in Katy. You can run but you just can’t hide folks. This was the last place on earth I wanted to end up in. 20 miles west of Houston. We were on 35 acres in the Wet mountains 40 miles west of Pueblo, outside of Florence. Then the wife’s job goes south and here we are, again. Came full circle in five years and it sux. Eventually if you want to be safe, secure, you will probably have to live somewhere so inhospitable or remote that no one would or possible could ever live there for any length of time. Additionally, as we age, we’ll have to be closer to medical care and family.
                    I wish y’all all the best man. I’m 14 years older than my wife and take care of our 26 year old special needs son. She’s still in her wage earning years and wants to make good money. I get that, but it still sucks
                    Here is what Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds said about that.

"This is not our problem. This is the president's problem. He is the one that opened the borders. He needs to be responsible for this, and he needs to stop it."

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      Here is what Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds said about that.

"This is not our problem. This is the president's problem. He is the one that opened the borders. He needs to be responsible for this, and he needs to stop it."

You can add one more solid reason to be there on your list !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Reasons we Bailed and Moved to Iowa

I’d move to Iowa in a heartbeat. Waiting to see if I got drawn this year for a tag. Can’t wait to get back up there.

Midwest is high on my list, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, etc. Now that I work 100% remote it may happen sooner rather than later.

By the way, beautiful place you got there OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. I know Joe Biteme is losing sleep over this His biggest concern is did he remember to put his pull ups on and have his nightly bottle of Metamucil.

Comment

I sure do understand wanting to get out of the Texas heat.

I keep telling the wife I'm going to buy land in New Mexico and live there from June to end of September.

We have a friends with a cabin in Cloudcroft and I keep saying we should buy property next to them. I'd put a 5th wheel on it and be a happy camper.

Comment

I took my wife to the farm in 2019. It was -29 and she wasn’t happy. Now that she passed away from cancer my family is trying to get me to move up there. I went up in April to place some ashes overlooking the farm, trip in June, October for pheasant and December for deer.

I love the solitude and farm land.

Comment

Easy there horn tooter. 5yrs from now don’t come posting about your new RV and how you’re going to be wintering on the Texas coast with half the other people in Iowa.

Comment

Working...
                                X