Baitcaster Reels at Academy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    man now I need to go shoppin. I can read through all the new vehicle threads and not care but the fishing gear and new bow threads get me antsy
    Yep now that I got another reel, I'm eyeballing a new bow. I've had my Elite for 7 years and want to pass it down to my Son-in-law when he gets out of the Marines in July. He wants to learn to bowhunt and it gives me a reason to upgrade.

Comment

I haven't been fishing 5 minutes and I got my first little bass on the new set up. I'm really liking the feel of this Daiwa. First one I've ever bought.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210326-165157_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	24648437

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210326-165212_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	24648438

Comment

Shimanos a good reel (still have 5)...but I have started migration over to lews with last 4 purchases. Not lot's of difference, but I find Lews little better pricing when comparing like reels.

They soured me a little bit, when they changed models, ratcheted up prices. Miss the old original curado days as they were beasts
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          I haven't been fishing 5 minutes and I got my first little bass on the new set up. I'm really liking the feel of this Daiwa. First one I've ever bought.

[ATTACH]1044841[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1044842[/ATTACH]

Very nice! What I like about the magnet system of the Diawa's is that the way it works, you can set it and forget it for the most part... I had Curado's for a long time and they were OK, but never as good as the diawa's for casting straight into the wind. You set your magnetic control right on that Tatula and you can cast straight into the wind with a spoon, a jig, a big ol' topwater or anything... and with very little "thumbing"...

Now go catch a biggun!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Very nice! What I like about the magnet system of the Diawa's is that the way it works, you can set it and forget it for the most part... I had Curado's for a long time and they were OK, but never as good as the diawa's for casting straight into the wind. You set your magnetic control right on that Tatula and you can cast straight into the wind with a spoon, a jig, a big ol' topwater or anything... and with very little "thumbing"...

Now go catch a biggun!!
            Well now ima have to go buy one and see what they did different to their magnetic brake system for this model frkm the previous

Comment

Working...
            X