• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I didn't interest me either.

Then I casted one

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Yah I was just doing some reading on them. Sounds like interesting technology.

Comment

The DC shimanos are amazing. I have no issues with slinging a baitcast reel either, but you need to try them out. It is all I use now.

Comment

The DC tech seems popular but I’m still pretty loyal to Abu Garcia. Cabelas and Bass Pro are running their Abu Garcia Revo STX for $159, I would get Academy to price match. I feel very confident that the Abu would hold up more than the SLX in 5-10 years.

Comment

Abu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daiwa Tatula easy smooth casting reels

Comment

Tatula

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                The DC tech seems popular but I’m still pretty loyal to Abu Garcia. Cabelas and Bass Pro are running their Abu Garcia Revo STX for $159, I would get Academy to price match. I feel very confident that the Abu would hold up more than the SLX in 5-10 years.
                Abu isn't holding up any better than Shimano, and vice versa.
                My 2 favorite reel companies when it comes to low profiles.
                Can't go wrong with either, and a breeze to fix.
                Most people don't keep em long enough, or fish em enough, to ever wear either of em out, if properly maintained.
                Parts availability is un matched for either, especially with all the custome spools and other stuff coming out of Japan.
                The Johnny Morris stuff is unbeatable imo if you do your research.

Comment

Tatula guy here. Bought one Lews and didn’t like it. Back in the box, you want some pics of it? I’d sell it.

Comment

Here it is.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                      Here it is.
                      I appreciate it but I'm going to move away from Lew's this time and try something different.

Comment

Another vote for the slx dc

Comment

I recently bought a couple of Diawa Tatula’s and love them.

Comment

I have brand new Dawai TWS Coastal if you are interested.
                            Fished with it twice, and found out the T-Wing ain't for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              I have brand new Dawai TWS Coastal if you are interested.
                              Fished with it twice, and found out the T-Wing ain't for me.

What was it you didn't like about it? I have 4 of them set up exactly alike on custom rods and they're the best casting and fish fighting reels I've had since I fished the old Diawa PT series back before I fell into the Curado fanboy club... I love 'em.

Comment

I buy all slx. My preference is the slx xt. I like the slx dc but is a little bigger than the xt model and I just prefer the xt myself. Either way if I was to buy another reel tomorrow it would be an slx something.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X