2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Yall hang in there. We are only a couple weeks from the best hunting of the year.

Seriously????? What time frame in late season is excellent. (East Texas). Not being a SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
      Seriously????? What time frame in late season is excellent. (East Texas). Not being a SA.

If the weather cooperates the deer start running out of natural food sources so they hit feeders more regularly (like early season), and there's the matter of the secondary rut that happens around the middle part of December.

Unfortunately, in terms of natural food sources the weather has not lent itself to limiting their supply. No freezes = plenty of green stuff to munch on.

Comment

On a sad note it appears that the Wagon Wheel restaurant north of Trinity, that just opened right before bow season, is already closed down.

I swear that town cannot have anything good.

Comment

Main event was in daylight 2 times last week. Lots of movement still in all my sets, just need time to go.

Last week of season and 2 weeks following are the easiest by far to kill deer on most years. They are back on their velvet patterns and run down and HUNGRY! That 2 week muzzle loader season is Heck on my deer herds…. Good thing I can’t bowhunt them with the extra stamp money I pay to bowhunt. Just one of the many head scratcher rules of TPWD

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Main event was in daylight 2 times last week. Lots of movement still in all my sets, just need time to go.

Last week of season and 2 weeks following are the easiest by far to kill deer on most years. They are back on their velvet patterns and run down and HUNGRY! That 2 week muzzle loader season is Heck on my deer herds…. Good thing I can’t bowhunt them with the extra stamp money I pay to bowhunt. Just one of the many head scratcher rules of TPWD

Our bucks tend to vanish around Thanksgiving leaving only does and a few spikes. I’m usually out the woods fully come muzzleloader season. Might have to locate a muzzleloader and give it another go. .

Comment

I say it all of the time. I could have killed every buck on my place last year in the daylight in the last 2 weeks of season on corn or protein. Run down and hungry leaves them as vulnerable as being with a hot doe. But with that said I’ve watched deer the last 2 mornings grazing like cattle with everything still being so green. We need a hard frost or freeze to make it happen.

Comment

This is "WORD"

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                The fat lady ain’t even close to singing yet!!
                Buck movement is picking up now.
                Had a nice 3yo 8pt all over my feeder yesterday evening waiting for the does to show up.
                This evening i had 6 does and wide 4-5yo 8pt out during the last 15min of shooting light.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Absolutely correct

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    On a sad note it appears that the Wagon Wheel restaurant north of Trinity, that just opened right before bow season, is already closed down.

I know I went there Saturday to eat there [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      I know I went there Saturday to eat there [emoji854]

Dang, I never got a change to stop in there to try it.

Drove by it this afternoon on my way to the lease and saw they even took the signs down. Unless Romo's is opening again.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                        Dang, I never got a change to stop in there to try it.

Drove by it this afternoon on my way to the lease and saw they even took the signs down. Unless Romo's is opening again.

J
                        Yes sir and if you never ate at thia barn you really missed out on some great food.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Yes sir and if you never ate at thia barn you really missed out on some great food.

Trinity just can’t have anything nice. Thank God Tacos By The Trax is still there.

That being said, on Wagon Wheel’s Facebook page they indicated that they are simply looking for another location with lower rent, and will reopen as soon as they find something.

Comment

Trinity just can’t have anything nice. Thank God Tacos By The Trax is still there.

That being said, on Wagon Wheel’s Facebook page they indicated that they are simply looking for another location with lower rent, and will reopen as soon as they find something.

What happened to Tacos by the Tracks location in Riverside? It just vanished some months back.

Their street tacos are legit

Comment

Keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                What happened to Tacos by the Tracks location in Riverside? It just vanished some months back.

Their street tacos are legit

They took the building that was there and moved it to the Trinity location. My BIL and I ate lunch there on Saturday and it was just as good as ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X