2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
    How high are you putting those demand feeders off the ground? And are they high enough that you don’t have problems with hogs?
    You can see that one he's at is pretty high, I wanted it high to make sure only something mature could get to it. I do have some hogs that will get then if they are lower than that. The one in the back was emptied out by a hog last night actually, I need to raise the other 2. If I had to guess they are about chest high to me....not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
      My bucks on the jasper/Newton county line are terrified of mine too
      Mine won’t even stick there snout into a traditional pvc gravity feeder. The best feeder I have ever used has been a 5ft stick of 4 inch pvc pipe with a small v shape notch cut into the end. Allowing for corn to trickle out as it is eaten straight off the ground.

Comment

I’ve got a slightly different version of those, it’s still in Moultrie though, but it’s almost impossible to keep the corn from just spilling out of the one I have. You’d be better off just dumping it straight on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          I’ve got a slightly different version of those, it’s still in Moultrie though, but it’s almost impossible to keep the corn from just spilling out of the one I have. You’d be better off just dumping it straight on the ground.
          I wedged a 2x6 behind the spout.

I cant keep the flying squirrels from chewing holes in mine at night. Every time I patch the holes with a gorilla tape, they just chew a new hole within one night.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            I wedged a 2x6 behind the spout.

I cant keep the flying squirrels from chewing holes in mine at night. Every time I patch the holes with a gorilla tape, they just chew a new hole within one night.
            I’ve considered riveting a folded-over soda can around the perimeter to stop stuff like that.

A 2 x 4 behind the spout is a good idea. I may try that, but I also need a different strap system because the one that came with mine is almost impossible to do with one person. It’s like watching the proverbial monkey try to **** a football. 🤣

Comment

I’ve considered riveting a folded-over soda can around the perimeter to stop stuff like that.

A 2 x 4 behind the spout is a good idea. I may try that, but I also need a different strap system because the one that came with mine is almost impossible to do with one person. It’s like watching the proverbial monkey try to **** a football. ��
              Yes, I use a second strap. I don’t think a 2x4 would work. I am using a 2x6 or 2x8, and it barely keeps it from pouring out.

I initially put them out in my feed pens with the corn/soybean feeder to try and see if they would eat protein. Now, I have a couple mature bucks that will come in and walk over the corn/soybeans to eat the protein.

Comment

i usually try to find a tree that leans a bit but if i cant i will just find a stick big enough to wedge in behind it to kick it out enough to stop the corn from runnin.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  i usually try to find a tree that leans a bit but if i cant i will just find a stick big enough to wedge in behind it to kick it out enough to stop the corn from runnin.

215 on your deer! Forgot to guess. He is a heavy weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man it is hot AF. I cannot believe it’s December.

Comment

Maybe all of the mature bucks are cold natured now after February and it’ll help bring them out.

Comment

Man it is hot AF. I cannot believe it’s December.
                        Word

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The buck I have been after all season showed back up this week after disappearing for a month.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

****it, man thats a big buck. Good luck!

On a related note, maybe the bucks that disappeared on me in early November will come back too.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                              The buck I have been after all season showed back up this week after disappearing for a month.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                              That's encouraging to see, I've got three that's MIA. One loved eating corn in daylight so I'm sure he's in someone's freezer. I swear our bucks have disappeared.

Comment

What did y’all say the big bucks in Rusk County was doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X