X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    He is a little on the northwest side of east Texas [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    2 weeks ago i had a target buck show up on friday. saturday morning the wind was suspect, but if he came in from the south i had a good chance at him, so i went. this is a big creek bottom and i have learned that a stiff wind is needed or it just swirls in there. well, the "called for" 10mph S wind wasnt there. i am sitting in the blind watching my breath float to the east, right towards the feeders.

as luck would have it, i see him coming in from the NE and he gets all the way in to 20y, needs to take 2 more steps to be in my lane, and he spooks. turns around and trots about 20y, then looks at me and starts blowing. didnt see him for 2 weeks, luckily he showed back up at 430am yesterday.

wind was much better yesterday, SE at 10, so i get out there at 1pm, jumped something walking in, and sit till dark. the wind was in my face slightly for most of the afternoon but died off and got real calm at about 5pm. right before dark this donk comes in from the south and hangs up about 5y from the feeder. looks at me and starts blowing and walks off. he came back this morning but no sign of my target since 430am yesterday.

the lay out of this place and where the county roads are make finding a good spot tough, i have an old pop up buried in some cedar trees that form a shield from the road so nobody can see me. but its not working down there, the wind swirls too much. i would have been sick had that been my target busting me again yesterday.

finding a tree to hang a stand means possibly being visible from the road, which sucks, but it looks like thats my next course of action, unless i can get a 15+mph east wind. as you can see in the pic, there are no good trees in that area around the feeders, i will have to move the whole setup a bit to get it done. #hope

Comment

Make a brush blind for diff wind direction or find a tree in the direction he came from and ambush on his way in to the triple moultrie triangle of death. I wouldn't relocate the setup. Hell for $80 you can get a new triangle of death setup but making them relocate in mid december would not be a risk I'd be willing to take. Id spend about $150 on 6 tasco cameras and deploy them all over trying to figure out his route in and out of the triangle of death. Good luck whatever you decide. Trophy buck!

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
        Make a brush blind for diff wind direction or find a tree in the direction he came from and ambush on his way in to the triple moultrie triangle of death. I wouldn't relocate the setup. Hell for $80 you can get a new triangle of death setup but making them relocate in mid december would not be a risk I'd be willing to take. Id spend about $150 on 6 tasco cameras and deploy them all over trying to figure out his route in and out of the triangle of death. Good luck whatever you decide. Trophy buck!

Agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
          Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          Agree!

i dont want to move anything but i have found that if i cant get a good stiff wind i am wasting my time.

i know getting elevated will help, but i sure like being out of the wind in that pop up

wednesday shows to be a good wind day so i am going to try to get up there...just need him to show back up.

Comment

Climbed in my south wind stand this morning at 9:30. Have not hunted it since early October. Main event has been here in daylight several days lately usually mornings and early mid day. I got to bail at 12 noon so just throwing a curve ball

Put another load of feed in pen I believe Friday….. it’s all gone of course but there were doe and a small buck here this morning looking around

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
              The buck I have been after all season showed back up this week after disappearing for a month.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

See him yet??? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                See him yet??? [emoji1]

Comment

Dang, those are some really nice E. Texas bucks.

That place is producing some monsters.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                    See him yet??? [emoji1]

My brother got him Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Well congratulations to your brother, sux for you tho...

Beautiful deer!!
                      Sucker looks all skinny and run down from the rut... hopefully he did a lot of genetic spreading for y'all...

Comment

That is a nice one for sure.

How old do you guys think he was?

Comment

That's an awesome buck. All sorts of purdy. Congratulations to your brother!!

Comment

I have seen more bucks with kickers this year than i can ever remember seeing, and from all over the place. Gorgeous buck!

Comment

Dang it. Congrats to him. I saw it on FB and figured y’all were related
                              That’s a solid buck!!

Comment

Dang that’s a hoss!

Comment

Working...
                                X