Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have been working over scrapes for a couple weeks now. The amount of activity on them has really skyrocketed in the past week.

Hunting over them vs. feeders is the ticket right now.

Comment

In my family birthdays are just another day…. In my wife’s they last several days. Sunday was my beautiful wife’s birthday!!! So Saturday we went out to eat……. And Sunday again with family

Wanna guess who was under my stand both days at 6:20 with a doe?…..

“Main Event” but he was only there for about an hour each time so probably couldn’t have got a shot. Going this evening and hopefully my ship ain’t sailed. First daylight pics of him since February

On another note a buck he runs with that’s unmistakable was at Lola’s stand almost 3 miles away and a dozen properties over. I got him on both cameras 5.5 hours apart. I was 99.9% sure I had pics of ME there last year, and now kinda know I did

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        They have been working over scrapes for a couple weeks now. The amount of activity on them has really skyrocketed in the past week.

Hunting over them vs. feeders is the ticket right now.
        I'm usually seeing scrapes by now on our place in Houston County but we don't have one single active scrape in any of the dozen or so locations where they appear every single year. I even have some of the young 2-3 year old bucks paired up as of Sunday. I did have two bucks tickling horns on Sunday but they weren't too mad at each other yet. I do have tons of daylight activity though and lots of movement in general. Feeder activity is heavy due to little to no acorns. They are eating about 200lbs of sweet feed every 4-5 days at 3 locations.

Comment

I have had a few new bucks show up on camera this week just passing by so they are starting to move and check new areas looking for does. Going up this week to try to get a few sits in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            I'm usually seeing scrapes by now on our place in Houston County but we don't have one single active scrape in any of the dozen or so locations where they appear every single year. I even have some of the young 2-3 year old bucks paired up as of Sunday. I did have two bucks tickling horns on Sunday but they weren't too mad at each other yet. I do have tons of daylight activity though and lots of movement in general. Feeder activity is heavy due to little to no acorns. They are eating about 200lbs of sweet feed every 4-5 days at 3 locations.

I would’ve expected the opposite. I have a friend that killed a nice buck on a scrape in that area Friday morning. Said he lit up the cameras for a few days working scrapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
              I would’ve expected the opposite. I have a friend that killed a nice buck on a scrape in that area Friday morning. Said he lit up the cameras for a few days working scrapes.

Yah it's unusual for us to not be seeing scrape activity yet and to still have some bucks in bachelor groups.

Comment

So some bucks chasing some does around Saturday. Tons of scrapes popped up last tuesdsy in polk county. It’s getting that time. Between now and halloweeen should be good

Comment

Theyre about to spray herbicide and burn half of my 150ac property and then replant it in before the end of they year. So my hunting may be over. I was just starting to see daytime pics, but only one solo older buck. A couple 2-3yo bucks still grouped up

Comment

I don’t know whats going on this morning but I’ve gotten pics of 3 mature bucks at my feeder in the last 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I don’t know whats going on this morning but I’ve gotten pics of 3 mature bucks at my feeder in the last 15 minutes.
                      So what your saying is now is the time for me to go home sick!

Comment

The pics I had of ME Saturday and Sunday he had a doe. Yesterday I hunted the doe herd…. 1 was not with them. If I had to put my money on a bet, I bet he has that doe cut from the herd. They are actively seeking NOW but won’t last long

Comment

Anyone in Sabine or Newton county seeing this heavy of action already? Last I saw peak activity the week of November 14th and didn't really see much activity until around Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            The pics I had of ME Saturday and Sunday he had a doe. Yesterday I hunted the doe herd…. 1 was not with them. If I had to put my money on a bet, I bet he has that doe cut from the herd. They are actively seeking NOW but won’t last long
                            Until a week ago I'd had 4 or 5 does coming to my feeder, then the last few days it's been one old, fat-bodied buck with one doe, so I'm pretty sure he's cut her from the herd and is keeping the others out.

This particular buck needs to die- he's old, fat, and has a crappy rack- but even though we're MLDP we don't get management tags, so if I kill him now my season is effectively over.

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                            Anyone in Sabine or Newton county seeing this heavy of action already? Last I saw peak activity the week of November 14th and didn't really see much activity until around Halloween.
                            I think it's different deer at different places. I mean we've got some bucks on our lease still bachelored up, and here I've got this one buck already on lockdown.

Generally for us though things are best the last 10 days of October - the first 2, 2.5 weeks of November.
                            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-12-2021, 07:39 AM.

Comment

In northern Newton county I've seen a few scrapes but nothing to get excited about. Movement is minimal still, but hopefully this weekend will change that.

Comment

2021-22 east texas season

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post

I’m in Newton county, we’ve had scrapes open since opening day. We’ve been getting new bucks show up every week since then. Seems like there laying off the corn this week I think acorns are dropping pretty good right now.

This picture is from this morning of him working a scrape.

Comment

Working...
                                X