Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
    Awesome looking buck, question for everyone. When putting up feed pens what's the average size you use and also how do you feed in it hand corn, protein feeder, or spinner?
    Answers will vary across the board. Some people like big pens (10-12 panels) some prefer small pens (4-8 panels). Some people hand corn only while others spin corn and offer free choice protein. I personally think the overall success of a pen depends on what the deer on your property are use to or willing to get use to. So what works for me might not work for you. That said I say go big or go home. Hand corn only is a safe bet. But there are areas where deer will jump in with feeders inside. GL

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
      Here he is.. Side by Side pic is from my camera in 2018. Figured him to be 2.5 or 3.5 then.
      That’s an awesome buck. Congrats to that man. When East Texas deer are allowed to fully mature they can rival any deer in the state to a certain degree.

Comment

Awesome looking buck, question for everyone. When putting up feed pens what's the average size you use and also how do you feed in it hand corn, protein feeder, or spinner?

I have one that 9 panels with a protein feeder, spin cast and trough in it. I also have a 4 panel pen in the woods that I dump 200#’s in at a time. They all work, just takes a varying degree of time for the deer to get comfortable with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To anyone thinking about rigging up a spypoint cell cam attachment to a stealth cam, don’t do it. The spypoint attachment works fine, however stealth cam SD slots break very easy and won’t take photos. Left one out and it never got enough signal to transmit photos. Got to it Saturday morning and it just wasn’t taking any photos. Think this camera will work well as a paper weight or clay pigeon. Other than that saw 5 does and a young 6 point come out to hand corn on a road I put out before the hunt. Friday night no action but have had a few nice bucks coming in around 6:45-7:30. Any day now we should have some day walkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict next fri, sat, sun will see our first does actually popping and breeding by Sunday. Its kill time this weekend. Tinecyo clear schedules.

Comment

I'm just trying to figure out why everyone has started covering their faces....

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Guys, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict next fri, sat, sun will see our first does actually popping and breeding by Sunday. Its kill time this weekend. Tinecyo clear schedules.
                I'm pumped for next weekend and everyday afterwards. Its about to get good out there !

Comment

I have to agree. There was a doe hit by a car yesterday in town at the intersection of 59 and 190 in front of Chevron station and McDonald’s. That’s usually a result of crazy young bucks starting to push does relentlessly into town and out into traffic. The cooler weather heading our way will be the trigger and will be time to prioritize.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    That’s cool. Is that your lease or home?
                    Retirement property
                    I know I didn't see any scrapes last Sunday. Friday I saw 5 at one spot and 3 at another. That's just along the road or feed pens

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m gonna go Sunday after church and stay a day or two at the lease. I need some upper 40’s in my life real bad right now. Lol

Comment

I have a huge scrape by one of my corn pens. Camera catches it. Its getting worked 20 plus times per night. Often by bucks that are not stopping to eat corn. A grown doe can't eat corn 2 minutes before a buck chases her away. When the weather breaks on a perfect moon friday, i think it will get real immediately.

Comment

I have a huge scrape by one of my corn pens. Camera catches it. Its getting worked 20 plus times per night. Often by bucks that are not stopping to eat corn. A grown doe can't eat corn 2 minutes before a buck chases her away. When the weather breaks on a perfect moon friday, i think it will get real immediately.
                          Saw a few bucks working licking branches have not looked for scrapes, but all my bucks are still in bachelor groups.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                            Saw a few bucks working licking branches have not looked for scrapes, but all my bucks are still in bachelor groups.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm just sayn.... its about to change..

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                              I'm just trying to figure out why everyone has started covering their faces....
                              Wasn't my photo and I didn't know if the hunter minded or not whether his face was all over the internet so I blacked it out.

Comment

10 to 12 panels. Hand corn is the way to go if you are able to keep up with the corn bill.lol Spin cast feeders are great but more times than not mature bucks will stay clear of them. As long as you got does coming in, the big boys will be creeping around the feeders when the rut kicks in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X