Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got up at 5:30 and already had everything loaded and clothes in crusher and ready to load. Showered and checked the wind as soon as I stepped out… I went back to bed. It’s just too calm and too early in the game I was gonna be there about 45 before light and there are always deer in that area at that time. I figured an hour soaking in a scent bomb of doom wouldn’t help so…. I passed

1 shooter was there last weekend I passed hunting at 7:05… but wind was same, so don’t mean he would have been there if I was

Comment

Haven’t sat one time in this weather. I’m not going to burn a stand up until it gets right. Cool down is a week away and it should be a game changer for me. Nothing but youngsters so far. I’m fortunate enough to live 15 minutes away so I will wait.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good activity.

Didn't see dates, but at least they are showing up during daylight.

My cameras are showing them at night, even the hogs too.

Like you, hoping you the weather change makes a big difference.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
          Good activity.

Didn't see dates, but at least they are showing up during daylight.

My cameras are showing them at night, even the hogs too.

Like you, hoping you the weather change makes a big difference.

J
          These were Monday through Thursday

Comment

I know of a big deer hitting the ground today in Nacogdoches County. Low 170's. Shot him at 6:50 a.m. inside a feed pen eating corn. Tarsal Glands were stained deep black and running all the way down his legs... won't be long now.

Comment

I think we got this hand corn down pat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s cool. Is that your lease or home?

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                  I know of a big deer hitting the ground today in Nacogdoches County. Low 170's. Shot him at 6:50 a.m. inside a feed pen eating corn. Tarsal Glands were stained deep black and running all the way down his legs... won't be long now.
                  Got pics?

Comment

My wife watched 2 bucks spar aboit 100 yrds out from her blind this morning in San Augustine county.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Got pics?

Here he is.. Side by Side pic is from my camera in 2018. Figured him to be 2.5 or 3.5 then.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Same here. We got at least 10 cameras on the place and not one has seen a 13" this year so far. But we got 4 spikes...so it may be a meat hunt year.

We are in the same boat. Nothing as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here he is.. Side by Side pic is from my camera in 2018. Figured him to be 2.5 or 3.5 then.
                          Bad. A.

Do you know the guy? Did you get to touch it?

I chased a ghost for 4 years, never got him, and always wanted just to be able to touch him. Was never killed as far as I know
                          I did get a matching set of sheds from him.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            Bad. A.

Do you know the guy? Did you get to touch it?

I chased a ghost for 4 years, never got him, and always wanted just to be able to touch him. Was never killed as far as I know
                            I did get a matching set of sheds from him.
                            Yes sir I do know the guy but not sure if he wanted his face on the internet so I blacked it out. And I personally did not get to hold him. Another member and friend scored him at 172 6/8. Dustin Machado had to come track the deer so he got to put his hands on him

23" beams, 30" mass, 14" g2's and 8"-9" in splits and 17" wide... tine length really helped him a lot

Comment

What a beautiful nac county buck !!!

Comment

Awesome looking buck, question for everyone. When putting up feed pens what's the average size you use and also how do you feed in it hand corn, protein feeder, or spinner?

Comment

Working...
                                X