Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had the flu over last few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy in my unit who is the strictest with mask wearing inside and out is out of work right now.

With

Covid

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Why would covid be worse?
      To say covid would be worse is just speculation
      If masks and all the other things they want us to do worked then why aren’t they working? More people wearing masks now and social distancing than ever but numbers aren’t falling.
      Covid numbers may be lower if were weren’t doing all these things. We don’t know just like we don’t know numbers would be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Covid can aerosolize. Covid can live longer on fomites. Covid is novel and our bodies don't have natural defenses for it. Covid has a different way of entering and infecting the body. Its a wicked (likely manmade bio weapon).

I don't think it is speculation that masks and all the other things we are doing work or don't work. Is there Covid in China, New Zealand or Australia right now? No!

The measures the Govt have tried to implement work as evidenced by other countries around the globe. The issue is we halfass follow them. And that's an entirely different issue. I'm not saying we should be on permanent lock down or give up a bunch of freedoms. But there is undoubted efficacy to the process we are trying to implement.
      Last edited by JBJTX81; 02-03-2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
        Covid can aerosolize. Covid can live longer on fomites. Covid is novel and our bodies don't have natural defenses for it. Covid has a different way of entering the and infecting to body. Its a wicked (likely manmade bio weapon).

I don't think it is speculation that masks and all the other things we are doing work or don't work. Is there Covid in China, New Zealand or Australia right now? No!

The measures the Govt have tried to implement work as evidenced by other countries around the globe. The issue is we halfass follow them. And that's an entirely different issue. I'm not saying we should be on permanent lock down or give up a bunch of freedoms. But there is undoubted efficacy to the process we are trying to implement.

Step away from the kool aid jug dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          Step away from the kool aid jug dude.
          Man it anit koolaide. I voted for Trump. I love God, guns and killin stuff. I love personal freedoms and I hate big government. #MERICA! Its just sad that this whole thing has been so politicized. Its a real virus. It kills folks. Lots of them. Everyone here is free to chose how they respond. I really don't care how folks respond individually. I don't care if folks are skeptical or not. But anyone that says we don't know if these things work is like saying antler restrictions don't work. The data 100% says they do. But folks don't like the govt telling them what to do. Especially if it involves instant gratification. So bareface at the crawfish covid superspreader party at your cousins this weekend. Or don't and maybe add a few years to your grandma's life.

Comment

We were at our Pediatrician for my daughters check-up last week. We had the same question on flu numbers. He said flu numbers are way down due as others have stated - social distancing, mask wearing, limiting social gatherings, higher alertness to hand sanitation, etc.

He works at a fairly large practice and said their office administers test for standard influenza on a daily basis. He also said that overall appointments made for flu like symptoms and common cold were down as well.

Some of you'll will make a conspiracy theory out of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
              Hey Russ, hope she's feeling better soon.
              I hope so too. With her sick in bed who is going to fix my dinner???

Comment

Man it anit koolaide. I voted for Trump. I love God, guns and killin stuff. I love personal freedoms and I hate big government. #MERICA! Its just sad that this whole thing has been so politicized. Its a real virus. It kills folks. Lots of them. Everyone here is free to chose how they respond. I really don't care how folks respond individually. I don't care if folks are skeptical or not. But anyone that says we don't know if these things work is like saying antler restrictions don't work. The data 100% says they do. But folks don't like the govt telling them what to do. Especially if it involves instant gratification. So bareface at the crawfish covid superspreader party at your cousins this weekend. Or don't and maybe add a few years to your grandma's life.
                So is 100% of the data that is being reported correct? I don't think anyone can say that with a straight face.

I'm not going to run around licking door knobs, but I choose to take it day by day and not worry about it.

A friend of mine at church was strictly adhering to Covid safety protocols and got sick with legionnaires disease. Go figure that one out.

Just goes to show you, when it's your time to go, it's your time.

Comment

So what about all those nasty *** kids, lol.....why arent they getting the flu? You know **** well they dont follow the rules regarding masks, hygiene and social distancing. It should be spreading through them as usual and therefore all their parents and grandparents. There isnt any way those things listed have pretty much eliminated the virus this year. Follow the money.

Comment

My co-worker's wife had Covid and in the 2d week, she wasn't improving so they tested her again. Still positive for Covid but also positive for the flu, B strain. That was a month ago and she is fine now

Comment

Best post of the day right here.

Comment

Why would covid be worse?
                        To say covid would be worse is just speculation
                        If masks and all the other things they want us to do worked then why aren’t they working? More people wearing masks now and social distancing than ever but numbers aren’t falling.
                        Covid numbers may be lower if were weren’t doing all these things. We don’t know just like we don’t know numbers would be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        It's not speculation, it's common sense. And they ARE working, and working incredibly well. Flu has been knocked down to nearly nothing this year. It's not speculation to say that the precautions taken have greatly reduced the spread of Covid as well. If all of the masks/distancing/etc. didn't work, flu would be at regular numbers. And no, doctors are not involved in a giant conspiracy to lie and count the flu as covid.

Comment

Real talk that folks don't want to hear. It's pretty ridiculous. Amazing how much some of these oil workers and pipe fitters know about virology, though.
                          Last edited by bullets13; 02-03-2021, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            So what about all those nasty *** kids, lol.....why arent they getting the flu? You know **** well they dont follow the rules regarding masks, hygiene and social distancing. It should be spreading through them as usual and therefore all their parents and grandparents. There isnt any way those things listed have pretty much eliminated the virus this year. Follow the money.
                            I teach a classroom full of them, as i mentioned earlier. Haven't had a case of the flu yet (or covid). They're nasty, but they're still being a lot safer than usual, and their close contact with each other has gone from constant to almost zero. Their families are also being a lot safer (some by choice, some by regulation), so when they do share germs they're less likely to have something to give to their friend. My pre-k students sit 6(ish) ft apart now. They line up apart. They no longer share toys. They're not allowed to go to each other's desks (they used to sit at communal tables), they have shields at the front of their desk, etc. etc. There are many precautions being taken, and they make a huge difference.

Comment

Covid can aerosolize. Covid can live longer on fomites. Covid is novel and our bodies don't have natural defenses for it. Covid has a different way of entering and infecting the body. Its a wicked (likely manmade bio weapon).

i'm still don't understand how people can claim something is working when it clearly isn't. what we do know is that most people are wearing masks now, that's just a fact. I didn't say everyone. yet the virus is still spreading just as fast. is this not accurate? i'm just trying to reconcile the virus numbers climbing and the number of folks doing what they are supposedly supposed to do in order to slow or stop the spread is also climbing not to mention everything that is still shut down.

Comment

i'm still don't understand how people can claim something is working when it clearly isn't. what we do know is that most people are wearing masks now, that's just a fact. I didn't say everyone. yet the virus is still spreading just as fast. is this not accurate? i'm just trying to reconcile the virus numbers climbing and the number of folks doing what they are supposedly supposed to do in order to slow or stop the spread is also climbing not to mention everything that is still shut down.
                                You arent tired of banging your head on that wall yet, lol? Common sense has no place in this debate or should I say mandate. Just do as you are told and move along.

Comment

Working...
                                X