Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Has anyone had the flu over last few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
    this isn't a binary issue where one has to be true and the other false. on the flu/covid topic, transmission of the flu was going to go down because of people being scared into near surgical grade cleanliness and isolationism. a few years ago a chatty coworker brought in a some homemade desserts and a lot of my other coworkers stopped by his desk and talked with him to get some of the food. I opted not get some, having noticed that he was fairly obviously under the weather. a few days later a bunch of coworkers called in sick. It doesn't take a doctor to figure out what happened. the massive cultural shift we've experienced this past year would not permit this to happen today. the general population is so worked up about covid that it's actually making an impact on other illnesses with completely different vectors.

however, the media and politicians are absolutely exaggerating to the point of hyperbole AND outright lying to us. it's nakedly obvious. a few months back it was discovered that the reported "death count" counted people dying with covid as dying from covid. a breakdown i saw showed something like only 6% of reported deaths had covid as the sole cause. there was a european politician that tested a glass of coke and it came up positive for covid. the WHO tests gave positive for a sample taken from a mango when an african country didn't believe what they were being told (so they sent the mango sample claiming it was from a symptomatic patient). they kept schools closed even though evidence that kids are basically immune to covid kept piling up. you could go to the grocery store but not church. you can't dine inside but you are guaranteed safe if you put up a tent and eat outside, as if the walls were spreading disease instead of the lack of airflow. and the cherry on top was the consistent discoveries that the politicians and "trusted" experts that pushed this crap were caught making up stuff AND ignoring their own rules.

so yeah. the flu and probably other illnesses are massively reduced because people that previously may have only washed their hands after every other bowel movement have now become sanitation experts. AND the hysteria around covid is about 95% political.
    That's as well as I have seen it put.

Comment

Working...
    X