No announcement yet.

Had my second vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a tranplant recipient. Fatality rate for immune suppressed folks is over 30%. Just can't fight it off like others.

I'll be getting my first shot tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Which one is seeing the most side effects? Moderna or Pfizer?
      Wife & I both got first injection last week. No side effects. Pfizer

Comment

Pfizer seems to have fewer symptoms

Comment

Dumb question are folks that are experiencing flu like symptoms chills fever from the second shot contagious?

Comment

Got my first Pfizer shot on Sunday. No issues other than a mildly sore upper back/lower neck. Felt like I slept on it weird (a likely scenario for me anyways).

I am a patient at UTSW and they sent me a mychart message asking if i wanted to get it. Scheduled it through a link and had the shot on the same day. I wasn't going to get it, but my wife threatened me, so I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.K.56 View Post
              Dumb question are folks that are experiencing flu like symptoms chills fever from the second shot contagious?
              Not a dumb question, and they are not contagious at all. The vaccine does not give you the virus. Pfizer and Moderna's vaccines tell our own cells (via mRNA) to manufacture one small part of the virus (spike protein) that is like the virus's key to enter our cells. The spike protein itself is not contagious and it is not the dangerous part of the virus. As soon as our cells produce those spike proteins, our immune system recognizes them as foreign, mounts an immune response that produces antibodies to the virus, and that active immune response is what makes people feel the side effects (flu-like symptoms). If an individual does not experience side effects it does not mean it didn't work, it just affects some different than others.

Comment

Got first shot on mon getting second one on feb 15 little sore at shot site but nothing else my wife has had both her shots and after the second one she felt sore and tired the second day but that was it we have the Pfizer one

Comment

wish i could get them

Comment

Had my second vaccine

Got my first Moderna vaccine yesterday. Got run through the tents like cattle but got to stay in our vehicle the whole way. The whole project was well designed and well run.

No side effects on #1. All I have is what I would call a typical sore pain around the entry spot like any shot. Very much like the flu shot the next morning. No sore feeling unless I press it. 2/24 for #2.

Comment

Got my first one,it was the Pfizer one,get the second one Feb.!
                      Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.K.56 View Post
                        Not at all.

Comment

We tagged up our second shots today. Easy peasy. Just saying.....cC

Comment

Got my first shot today. It was the Maderno. Called the facility where we registered and asked when we would be scheduled. They said they had 2 doses on hand and come on down. No big deal for either my wife or I.

Comment

Second dose yesterday. About noon today I got chills and body aches. Felt bad for about 6 hours then started feeling better.

Comment

praying for all you guinea pigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X