Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep lots of stuff has changed in 5-7 years and not all for the better. I remember back during that time period we actually had a bow hunting report section. Boy would I change that for the PACE section ten times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      90K is not a real number ....well not an actual participating members number.....Casey ( I believe) said as much here a year or two ago ago. I think he said those participating is less than 10K .....don't quote me on that but it was significantly lower than the "registered screen names" total.. I was surprised when he said it.

Let me fill you in on the classifieds I remember.. There was a time not 5-7 years ago and before a fella would buy all the stuff on clearance at Academy (shirts, blinds etc) and try to mark them up here to resell and most of the TBH members would hammer down on them. There are other instances... too many to list. The place did not take kindly to gougers and resellers. The place kinda policed itself in that arena. The overall consensus and I've heard it said by mods here that the classifieds was for members to sell their used stuff amongst themselves at a reasonable price. Basically allowing TBHers to move some stuff they no longer used and TBHers to buy used stuff at a discounted price. But the jist was not to F your fellow TBHer because you could. New stuff could be sold with a sponsorship of course. These days some folks almost rejoice when **** sells at a ridiculous gouge and you have TBHers coming to defend them for doing so yelling capitalism, free-market and "you should have bought it when it was cheap" to justify the folks doing it.. And for the record I have mine, I've no need to buy unless I find it at a retail store so its not sour grapes. I'm just amazed at all the enablers compared to where this place used to be not even 5-6 years ago. Heck in the last ammo craze folks were more against it then they are now. Like several have said here and other threads, we don't care that a fella buys and gouges elsewhere....knock yourself out.....we care that they do it here. I know I'm not going to change anybody's minds. I just wanted to go more into detail for the folks that just don't understand how folks can have an issue with it....
      Ditto.

The thing that I do not like is that TBH has an entire cast of members whose sole membership exists for them to resell items in the classifieds. Nothing more. For them it is nothing more than a flea market - where they don't have to pay for a table.

Comment

90K is not a real number and its certainly not the actual participating members.....Casey ( I believe) said as much here a year or two ago ago. I think he said those participating is less than 10K .....don't quote me on that but it was significantly lower than the "registered screen names" total.. I was surprised when he said it.

Let me fill you in on the classifieds I remember.. There was a time not 5-7 years ago and before a fella would buy all the stuff on clearance at Academy (shirts, blinds etc) and try to mark them up here to resell and most of the TBH members would hammer down on them. There are other instances... too many to list. The place did not take kindly to gougers and resellers. The place kinda policed itself in that arena. The overall consensus and I've heard it said by mods here that the classifieds was for members to sell their used stuff amongst themselves at a reasonable price. Basically allowing TBHers to move some stuff they no longer used and TBHers to buy used stuff at a discounted price. But the jist was not to F your fellow TBHer because you could. New stuff could be sold with a sponsorship of course. These days some folks almost rejoice when **** sells at a ridiculous gouge and you have TBHers coming to defend them for doing so yelling capitalism, free-market and "you should have bought it when it was cheap" to justify the folks doing it.. And for the record I have mine, I've no need to buy unless I find it at a retail store so its not sour grapes. I'm just amazed at all the enablers compared to where this place used to be not even 5-6 years ago. Heck in the last ammo craze folks were more against it then they are now. Like several have said here and other threads, we don't care that a fella buys and gouges elsewhere....knock yourself out.....we care that they do it here. I know I'm not going to change anybody's minds. I just wanted to go more into detail for the folks that just don't understand how folks can have an issue with it....
        In the last week or so I've seen ammo given away for free and people breaking their necks to get a guy a box of ammo when he's out, so the spirit of looking out for fellow TBH brothers is still there. At the same time, nobody really needs 1000rds of 5.56 so if somebody wants to buy that right now it's not really gouging. I'd prefer if these guys would leave the ammo on the shelves at the store rather than buy it up and pretend to help by selling it here, but if the community is purchasing it then are they really doing a disservice to the community? I mean, if there's a buyer who decides he/she wants it badly enough to pay the elevated price then they've helped someone out haven't they? Some people's time not standing in line is worth more to them than the extra money they spend and I'm not going to judge them for that.
        Having said all that, I sure wish this ammo shortage would quit and all the hoarders get stuck with 10k overpriced rounds. We saw it with AR's a few years ago here too when Hillary was expected to be elected. I remember looking at a PSA AR on their site for like $650 and the same one for sale in the classifieds trying to unload it for $1100.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          In the last week or so I've seen ammo given away for free and people breaking their necks to get a guy a box of ammo when he's out, so the spirit of looking out for fellow TBH brothers is still there..

Oh there is no doubt it still exists...Buying, selling, trading, paying it forward and just giving away. I've witnessed and taken part in it as well on both sides. We can take solace in that..

Comment

90K is not a real number ....well not an actual participating members number.....Casey ( I believe) said as much here a year or two ago ago. I think he said those participating is less than 10K .....don't quote me on that but it was significantly lower than the "registered screen names" total.. I was surprised when he said it.

I Understand, you have a valid point. I don’t agree with the term F’ing their fellow TBHer, I think that is a little harsh. I see both sides of it and can understand your frustration! Have a great evening!

Comment

Smart. Ive given some ammo away- sold some for what i had in it on here. When i posted i went to a gun show to sell excess because i was moving guys said I should have given TBH members first dibs. If i would have sold on here I would have been called an ammo gouger. See its kinda a no win. And i didnt sell a couple boxes. I had a pallet and sold it all for $.50 a round 9mm and 556. This was months ago when average price was probably $.70-$.75 a round. I probably paid on average $.10 and got it for my kids to shoot 3 gun.

Comment

I was pretty much stocked up on every caliber rifle I own. I don’t shoot much at all because well I’m a bow hunter. That said this year my dad gave me two rifles that hold sentimental memories for us. He had minimal ammunition for each rifle. After looking around online and in stores I was pleased to be able to buy what needed/wanted here. I’ve also given away ammo to a few kids in need.

I do think people making a business out of the classifieds should be run off permanently. They aren’t part of what TBH is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

According to many on TBH I shouldn’t have as much ammo as I have. So I would sell some, but I’d be called an ammo gouger.

I think I may just mag dump several thousand rounds into the dirt this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    According to many on TBH I shouldn’t have as much ammo as I have. So I would sell some, but I’d be called an ammo gouger.

I think I may just mag dump several thousand rounds into the dirt this weekend.

Since when does owning ammo make you a gouger? Maybe a hoarder but not a gouger....

Hoard all you want. They'll make more..

Comment

Since when does owning ammo make you a gouger? Maybe a hoarder but not a gouger....
                      I said if I sold some I’d be called a gouger. I was just kidding around.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I said if I sold some I’d be called a gouger. I was just kidding around.

Ahhhhh!

Comment

Sell ammo on Gun Broker, trade ammo here. Problem solved[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Yep lots of stuff has changed in 5-7 years and not all for the better. I remember back during that time period we actually had a bow hunting report section. Boy would I change that for the PACE section ten times over.

I am not sure talking bowhunting is allowed on this sight. Seems just trucks, guns, ammo, football, chainsaws, movies, and music. If you start a bowhunting thread, you may not get banned, but responses to it probably ain't happening either

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                              Ditto.

The thing that I do not like is that TBH has an entire cast of members whose sole membership exists for them to resell items in the classifieds. Nothing more. For them it is nothing more than a flea market - where they don't have to pay for a table.

My dude! I’d ban every one of them, that’s why Michael doesn’t let me![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy times for sure. As I mention in another thread. I bought all the copper pipe, pex and pvc I could find the last 2 days. Going rate will be 20 dollars a foot over the next couple days. Just kidding. But curious why people spend this ridiculous amount on ammo? Do they really need it that bad ? Like said before if people stop paying crazy prices the lines at academy and resellers would be stuck with stuff they can’t get rid of and shelves would re stock. Or am I missing something else ?

Comment

Working...
                                X