No announcement yet.

Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me this is a supply and demand scenario. Gas on the way out of Houston during a hurricane is a different story.

Comment

Well the folks that are upset just learn. Buy supplies while they are not in demand. I have done this with lots if things. Ammunition, dried food sources, silver, etc the list goes on. So if ammunition is not available for you at the moment buy other goods you can see the need for in the future. If/when ammunition becomes available get online and buy several cases of what you want/need. Otherwise pay the asking price and be content paying it.

I would be willing to bet there were threads years ago same people griping about the situation. The supply/demand went down and ammunition was available everywhere. Did zero about preventing the situation they are in now. Heck count me in on that group. I bought a rifle in 7RUM and found a factory round the gun likes. I have 1 1/2 boxes left and can not find any now. See that is on me. I should have bought 10 boxes the day i decided on a particular bullet but i didn’t.
      Last edited by glen; 02-06-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
        8:55am Yesterday at Grapevine Academy: 17 people in line, several waiting in cars. 9:01am the doors open, the associate shouts no ammo. All but 3 return to their car.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.
        I had the opposite happen to me yesterday. I went to Academy to get a box for crappie jigs. I walked by the ammo line that had about 50 people in it, got my jig box, picked up a few more items and browsed the grills, on the way out the ammo line was just gone and I was able to grab 3 120 round boxes of 223...that won’t happen often!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
          To me this is a supply and demand scenario. Gas on the way out of Houston during a hurricane is a different story.
          Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post

I would be willing to bet there were threads years ago same people griping about the situation. The supply/demand went down and ammunition was available everywhere. Did zero about preventing the situation they are in now. Heck count me in on that group. I bought a rifle in 7RUM and found a factory round the gun likes. I have 1 1/2 boxes left and can not find any now. See that is on me. I should have bought 10 boxes the day i decided on a particular bullet but i didn’t.
            Who the heck hoards 7RUM???

I had a Sendero and couldn’t even shoot a 1/2 box at the range. That thing about knocked my shoulder out of socket.

Comment

My humble opinion is, if you don't buy ammo ahead of "the run" (and this isn't the first one that we've seen BTW), that's on you.
              If you don't buy overpriced ammo, then they can't gouge you, and if nobody pays the exorbitant asking prices of some folks/dealers, there won't be any gouging, or gougers.
              If you feel like you need the ammo right now, then it's up to you, to decide just how bad you need/want it.

Comment

You can get regular price if you want.
                This was 45-west rd academy at 8:33 Monday am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                  If you don't buy overpriced ammo, then they can't gouge you, and if nobody pays the exorbitant asking prices of some folks/dealers, there won't be any gouging, or gougers.
                  If you feel like you need the ammo right now, then it's up to you, to decide just how bad you need/want it.
                  Pretty much sums it up right there.

Comment

We have ammo gougers on here and we call them capitalist, entrepreneurs, hard working businessmen, etc... and continue to buy from them. Until we stop buying from them nothing will change...

Comment

Yes Academy still charges a fair price, they had the Monarch 9mm 200rds. for $49.99 Friday, then I see guys put them on here for $120 for a box of 200rds. But to each his own.

God Bless
                      Bish

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        We have ammo gougers on here and we call them capitalist, entrepreneurs, hard working businessmen, etc... and continue to buy from them. Until we stop buying from them nothing will change...
                        No joke, why some just have to have, don't understand.

Comment

This is getting crazy. I bought 3 boxes of browning 120 count 223 fmj at the academy i go to regularly that has ammo. Same box being sold here for twice the amount! Smh. No line where i go. Im buying during lunch.

Comment

I thought it was good news. Baytown Academy is limiting ammo to a total of two boxes per customer. The young man at the counter confirmed what others, have been saying. He sees the same faces every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                              This is getting crazy. I bought 3 boxes of browning 120 count 223 fmj at the academy i go to regularly that has ammo. Same box being sold here for twice the amount! Smh. No line where i go. Im buying during lunch.

Only double? They must think they’re saints for not making it triple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Well the folks that are upset just learn. Buy supplies while they are not in demand. I have done this with lots if things. Ammunition, dried food sources, silver, etc the list goes on. So if ammunition is not available for you at the moment buy other goods you can see the need for in the future. If/when ammunition becomes available get online and buy several cases of what you want/need. Otherwise pay the asking price and be content paying it.

Salient, logical, and well thought post...not sure that’s gonna fly around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X