No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I ever feel like I want a snack, its a sign that I've let my macros slide for a couple days. A few too many carbs, and I start craving a snack. If I keep the carbs low and eat good fats, I don't have any snack cravings.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep it real simple during the week since I travel but stray some on the weekend. Here's my typical weekday schedule.

No breakfast. Coffee only.

Snacks are usually some flavor of Blue Diamond Bold almonds and Mac's Salt and Pepper Pork Rinds with the occasional Quest type bar. 2L of water to drink during the day.

Evening meal is 6-8 oz of beef. If it's ground I add cheese, if not I'll get a couple of Babybel wheels. I'll get a half chicken every now and then if it's available. 1 small avocado or a bag of broccoli/cauliflower mix to steam and a can of Polar brand sardines. Polar brand only! I usually get an individual ranch or jalapeno ranch cup as well. Once in awhile I'll treat myself to a pint of Rebel or Enlightned ice cream.

Boring but easy.

Comment

How do you guys keep your avacados fresh after you cut them? Say you eat half and save the other half for later. Mine get brown realy wuick. I’ve tried leaving pit in, tried lemon juice. What works for you?

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
          How do you guys keep your avacados fresh after you cut them? Say you eat half and save the other half for later. Mine get brown realy wuick. I’ve tried leaving pit in, tried lemon juice. What works for you?
          I leave the pit in and then place a piece of plastic wrap over the exposed area of the avocado. It's not perfect but pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
            Leave pit in, cover with the empty shell and plastic wrap

Comment

I eat the whole avocado or I split it with my wife, usually, so it doesn't turn brown. But you can leave the pit in and coat the rest with a little olive or avocado oil and leave it in the fridge.

Comment

I buy the large ones and generally eat a half at a time. Sometimes a whole one depending on the meal. I cut them in half and whichever side keeps the seed is the one I store. I just put them in a sealed container. Typically they’ll only be in the fridge a few hours until I eat the other half anyway. If they do turn too brown to my liking, I just shave that outer layer off. However, most of the time there is very little browning that occurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  If I ever feel like I want a snack, its a sign that I've let my macros slide for a couple days. A few too many carbs, and I start craving a snack. If I keep the carbs low and eat good fats, I don't have any snack cravings.

Makes sense. Thanks

Comment

I allotted 10# to lose and I’m down 7-8 but it hasn’t all come from my one place I think I carry fat.

Workout stamina is better than expected but not on par with pre Keto. Feel like strength is down.

I’m staying on course till Friday to see what happens.

Comment

It takes a couple months to get your body used to keto. Once it does, stamina and energy is great. Just gotta reprogram. At least that was my experience.

Also,, I lost a lot more weight than I thought I had on me to lose. A bunch of it was visceral fat, apparently. (Fat inside your abdomen) Didn't really see it before. But I lost 4-5 inches off my waist, and it wasn't all visible under the skin fat before.

Comment

Need a good fat bomb recipe. Please post em up.

Comment

My clothes are actually baggy, need new holes in my belts, energy is better, sleep is so-so at times, but I have loss about 14 pounds only. 20 more pounds to geaux....at least. [emoji106] I ordered some training swim fins on Amazon to try to lose at a faster pace. I think my body has adjusted to the 10+ mile daily bike ride and the daily 2 - 3 mile walk. I hope to start running soon also. I have not knowingly cheated on the diet either......but have stalled on weight loss for 9 day's at 221![emoji3061][emoji36][emoji3064][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            My clothes are actually baggy, need new holes in my belts, energy is better, sleep is so-so at times, but I have loss about 14 pounds only. 20 more pounds to geaux....at least. [emoji106] I ordered some training swim fins on Amazon to try to lose at a faster pace. I think my body has adjusted to the 10+ mile daily bike ride and the daily 2 - 3 mile walk. I hope to start running soon also. I have not knowingly cheated on the diet either......but have stalled on weight loss for 9 day's at 221![emoji3061][emoji36][emoji3064][emoji848]

Oscar keep going. The stall is common and then is typically followed by the Whoosh!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Oscar keep going. The stall is common and then is typically followed by the Whoosh!

Yessir, I remember that being said on here. I look forward to hitting that next level. I'm still extremely motivated [emoji123] to keep this as my lifestyle.

Comment

LR try a 24 hr fast. After eating dinner just wait to eat dinner again the next day (or lunch whatever meal you choose) Not as bad as people make it out to be. I just came off a 7 day fast today.

Comment

Working...
                                X