Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    My clothes are actually baggy, need new holes in my belts, energy is better, sleep is so-so at times, but I have loss about 14 pounds only. 20 more pounds to geaux....at least. [emoji106] I ordered some training swim fins on Amazon to try to lose at a faster pace. I think my body has adjusted to the 10+ mile daily bike ride and the daily 2 - 3 mile walk. I hope to start running soon also. I have not knowingly cheated on the diet either......but have stalled on weight loss for 9 day's at 221![emoji3061][emoji36][emoji3064][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Glad it’s working for you, keep it up!

Comment

9lb January for me. Years ago I'd see a 7lb first week every time I started low-carb or keto. Now it doesn't kick in like that. Slow and stead with plateaus every few days. I really don't care. Setting 8lb goal for Feb. Today is a run day and also 24hr fast. I'll run around 4pm then eat at 7. That always makes the scale move the next day. In my mind, the run burns up the last of whatever carbs are left from my weekend slips (beer).

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
        LR try a 24 hr fast. After eating dinner just wait to eat dinner again the next day (or lunch whatever meal you choose) Not as bad as people make it out to be. I just came off a 7 day fast today.
        I actually got a message from carb counter saying that was a good way to kick start things. I also remember Shane and a few others going into details on that. It will take me a few days to wrap my [emoji3447] around doing that. I still have the munchies at bedtime, thus hungry most mornings. 1st question to get my [emoji3447]right: Are you doing liquids (besides H2O) until dinner or cold turkey all day?

Comment

8lb January for me. I'll take that given I put in zero exercise. Im halfway to my goal so Im hoping for another 8lbs in February.

Comment

I actually got a message from carb counter saying that was a good way to kick start things. I also remember Shane and a few others going into details on that. It will take me a few days to wrap my [emoji3447] around doing that. I still have the munchies at bedtime, thus hungry most mornings. 1st question to get my [emoji3447]right: Are you doing liquids (besides H2O) until dinner or cold turkey all day?

I'll be interested to hear what he has to say because I havent done any multi day fasts. I have heard water, lemon juice and cayenne pepper is the drink of choice while fasting.

Comment

Start the morning with a keto coffee, MCT or ghee in there with some cacao, heavy cream then fast all day. You won't be hungry as long as you chug water the second you even think you have a craving. Electrolytes in the water are key. I pour No-Sal potassium and some pink himilayan in mine. Did 2 x 24 hr on one 36 hour fast in Jan. For those I it was black coffee and electrolyte water, nothing else.

Comment

For those in the Houston area, I decided to try out a meal prep place since I'm always on the go! They delivered my weeks worth of food yesterday and ate my first meal this morning. Very good.

Comment

What have your fat/protein/carb percentages been lately, Oscar? If you're eating high fat/very low carb, those munchies should subside.

I drink liquids all day, starting in the morning. I just don't eat breakfast or between meal snacks. Just lunch and supper. I've never fasted any more than that, but I might try a multi-day fast sometime??

Comment

I have done several 24hr fasts and 1 48hr fast. During the fast I would only drink water and once or twice a day I would add some pink Himalayan salt to the water. The 48hr fast was super easy, and I'm already looking forward to my next one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am 72 lbs down and I haven’t fasted once.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        Start the morning with a keto coffee, MCT or ghee in there with some cacao, heavy cream then fast all day. You won't be hungry as long as you chug water the second you even think you have a craving. Electrolytes in the water are key. I pour No-Sal potassium and some pink himilayan in mine. Did 2 x 24 hr on one 36 hour fast in Jan. For those I it was black coffee and electrolyte water, nothing else.
                        Deeep!!!!! I gotta break that down. [emoji15][emoji3061][emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                          I am 72 lbs down and I haven’t fasted once.
                          That great, congrats! Over what time period and did you, are you, using keto?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            What have your fat/protein/carb percentages been lately, Oscar? If you're eating high fat/very low carb, those munchies should subside.

I drink liquids all day, starting in the morning. I just don't eat breakfast or between meal snacks. Just lunch and supper. I've never fasted any more than that, but I might try a multi-day fast sometime??
                            Carb is much better than 2 weeks ago but I know I am too high on protein. Fat is middle of the road but I am still learning what is good fats. Sounds vague as I don't know macros as if yet but I know I am in the right ballpark. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              That great, congrats! Over what time period and did you, are you, using keto?
                              I believe it’s been since July first of aug. keto only. No fasting.

Comment

I dropped about 9 lbs. in January, but was in and out of Keto a few times because of hunting and fishing trips. Scale registered 199 this morning. Sub 200 is a nice milestone that motivates me to keep pushing. My goal weight is 190. I've started increasing exercise, so I guess there's a chance I could get there before end of February...although I'm not in a particular rush to get there.
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X