No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't drink much at all. For years, I didn't drink ANY. But I'll have 1 or occasionally 2 drinks, and not typically more than once per week - if that often. Michelob Ultra and Corona Premier are really low in carbs. I'll drink one of those or a dry red wine or maybe a shot of rum in some Topo Chico. I'm not a big whiskey or mixed drink fan, so that's about it for me.

Comment

Anyone have experience doing keto as a shift worker? When on nights 6pm to 6am, I have been eating between 5 and 6 then again between 11 and midnight. Then a small something before I go home, at like 5am. I’m not real interested what the scale says just want to lose fat. Curious if the stress from night shift will affect how I should eat or treat it the same as days?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigkilln View Post
        Anyone have experience doing keto as a shift worker? When on nights 6pm to 6am, I have been eating between 5 and 6 then again between 11 and midnight. Then a small something before I go home, at like 5am. I’m not real interested what the scale says just want to lose fat. Curious if the stress from night shift will affect how I should eat or treat it the same as days?

When I did it I had better luck while on shift .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          When I did it I had better luck while on shift .
          Did you eat around the same times as me? Wandering if a high fat meal at midnight is the way to go or maybe smaller snacks?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigkilln View Post
            Did you eat around the same times as me? Wandering if a high fat meal at midnight is the way to go or maybe smaller snacks?

What’s your sleep schedule? I’d think that the midnight meal would be very important given your shift. IMO the middle of your “eating day” would be the one that requires the most attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Oscar, you just have to remember with this you want your body burning fat for energy not carbs. You want your liver to start producing a good amount of ketones. Your body isnt goint to turn the fat burner on if there is too much protein intake. When Im not on keto, Im heavy on protein.....about 200-230gr per day. I love meat above anything else but fatty foods are so flavorful it really doesnt seem like Im sacrificing.

Couple random thoughts......I never would have thought Ranch dressing and cream cheese would be part of a "diet" lol. And how is it that a pickle is basically nothing according to the nutrition label?
              Another great post of clarity. I'm slowly [emoji222]getting their guys, hang with me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm stuck on 220-222 in weight. Did 6.5 miles fast walk yesterday morning. At 3 pm I did 8 or 9 miles on my mountain bike. Definitely eating better overall but still not in ketosis. Not upset as need new holes in my belts and Definitely look better, but gonna double up moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Another great post of clarity. I'm slowly [emoji222]getting their guys, hang with me.

I watched a ton of Dr Bergs videos on YouTube when I first started a few years ago. He has everything from keto for beginners to opinions on certain foods & fasting. Great info. Another good watch is The Magic Pill on Netflix. Really gives a good overall broad view of the “why”. I was interested in keto but really dove in after watching this documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                    What’s your sleep schedule? I’d think that the midnight meal would be very important given your shift. IMO the middle of your “eating day” would be the one that requires the most attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Usually 8am till 1 or 2 pm while on nights. And I’m not usually hungry till I get to work at 5:30 or 6.

Comment

I'm stuck on 220-222 in weight. Did 6.5 miles fast walk yesterday morning. At 3 pm I did 8 or 9 miles on my mountain bike. Definitely eating better overall but still not in ketosis. Not upset as need new holes in my belts and Definitely look better, but gonna double up moving forward.

Just so you know, Oscar.... One serving of that cereal alone has 43 carbs (according to MyFitnessPal app). Grains are mostly carbs, so not really a good fit for keto.

Comment

One bowl of that cereal will keep you out of ketosis....

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                          I watched a ton of Dr Bergs videos on YouTube when I first started a few years ago. He has everything from keto for beginners to opinions on certain foods & fasting. Great info. Another good watch is The Magic Pill on Netflix. Really gives a good overall broad view of the “why”. I was interested in keto but really dove in after watching this documentary.
                          Just got back from my misty 10.5 mile ride!!! Gonna go look at that netflix show after i clear my emails. Thanks for that nugget.

Comment

Keto 2021

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Just so you know, Oscar.... One serving of that cereal alone has 43 carbs (according to MyFitnessPal app). Grains are mostly carbs, so not really a good fit for keto.

And beware of stuff posted on front of packaging.

This is the back label off of a snack bar that claimed 1g carb on the front when it actually contains 13g. I have seen this done on many products.
                            Last edited by bboswell; 01-21-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              One bowl of that cereal will keep you out of ketosis....
                              Yall are right again!!!! Well I be danged...........i just looked at that. My college buddys wife loss big weight and that was a huge part of her plan. OK......in the TRASH!!! Guess i will stick with oatmeal.

Comment

Wife and I started Jan 4th, figures out we weren’t on a good track so started using the Carb Manager App on the 11th. Since the 11th neither of us have exceeded the allowances provided by the App and most days we are both considerably under on carbs.

Neither of us has had any sign of keto flu etc and test strips have been random as heck.

Neither of us have our normal energy nor stamina in our workouts but I don’t really think either of us is in ketosis

I did not target a large weight loss but have lost about 6 of the 10 that was my goal wife is pretty much where she started despite targeting a larger loss in the app profile.

She is getting very frustrated!

Comment

Working...
                                X