X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cva34
    replied
    Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
    Box cutter is the easiest thing to use on hogs. The only time you need something bigger is on splitting the pelvis. I can usually find it with a box cutter on a deer, but for some reason the hogs are harder to hit, at least for me.
    Used box cutter for years...

Leave a comment:

• SJP51
    replied
    I can't sharpen anything free-hand on a stone or steel. Has to have fixed angles or something similar.

I have a Warthog v-sharp and bought them for my daughters. It works well on the kitchen knives and is easy to use and works well. I know that changing the little steel holders is a tad challenging and does require some dexterity. If you've had a stroke, will you be able to use it? But I would not suggest it for use in the field.

The Warthog V-Curve also works well and is much simpler to use.

I sharpen my 2-blade broadheads with a Rada and strop to get shaving sharp results using a very light pressure draw stroke. It is REALLY simple. Should work on a knife just as well and easy to use in the field if needed.

Best of luck on your choice.
    Last edited by SJP51; 11-25-2021, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DK1555
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiger View Post
    i have bought so many knife sharpening gimmicks since i had a stroke i couldnt sharpen a knife to save my soul has anyone had luck with the warthog vsharp i have something similar but it just doesnt work that well im tired of asking people to sharpen my knife for me i used arkansas wet stone before but i just cant use them anymore
    PM sent, I got one you can have right down the road if I can find it. If your still interested.

Leave a comment:

• SmTx
    replied
    Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    Thank me later....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    After using 4 knifes to clean one deer last week I was bound and determined to spend however much I had to on a sharpener. I have a worksharp and user error I'm not in love with it.

I ordered one of these yesterday and tonight I've taken several knifes from rounded blades to shaving.

So... Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Casey
    replied
    Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    Thank me later....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I have the electric Worksharp and love it. I bought the above one based on the recommendation here and that is a great little sharpener. I've had it for a while and have not really used it. Got it out the other day and am really happy.

Leave a comment:

• Big Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Stones if you’re willing to learn.

Warthog, spyderco, & Wicked edge are easier and work very well.
    None will remove the amount of metal that a Work sharp will.
    My go to is my Arkansas trip hone. However in the OP's situation a better user friendly option is needed. Will check into some of these you mentioned. One can not have too many knife sharpeners

Leave a comment:

• Rubi513
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    Well..... list the better options...
    Stones if you’re willing to learn.

Warthog, spyderco, & Wicked edge are easier and work very well.
    None will remove the amount of metal that a Work sharp will.

Leave a comment:

• Rubi513
    replied
    Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
    What did you eventually end up with?
    I use stones. Shapton Glass and Naniwa.

Leave a comment:

• Big Lee
    replied
    Yes you can...
    Cheap blades, it’s fine, but they remove way too much metal. I sold mine after 2 weeks of owning it.
    So many better options out there.
    Well..... list the better options...

Leave a comment:

• alien_scones
    replied
    What did you eventually end up with?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy360
    replied
    Warthog is good. Work sharp will chew a blade to a nub if you have a hard time with dexterity. Especially on the work sharp you are supposed to pull the knife up before it gets to the tip or you will pull back and extremely sharp butter knife tipped pocket knife. Knowing what I know Tiger, the warthog or something similar is a pretty good option for ya.

Leave a comment:

• Rubi513
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    Can't go wrong with the worksharp.
    Yes you can...
    Cheap blades, it’s fine, but they remove way too much metal. I sold mine after 2 weeks of owning it.

Leave a comment:

• Big Lee
    replied
    Can't go wrong with the worksharp.

Leave a comment:

• alien_scones
    replied
    Worksharp.

Watch the videos.

Work with your cheap/damaged blades first.

Leave a comment:

• huntindude
    replied
    After just a tiny bit of practice I can get a shaving edge on just about any knife with a worksharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X