Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanoDano
    replied
    Sharp maker or Work Sharp angle set. Anyone can sharpen very sharp with these except for some steels like S90v an M4.

Leave a comment:

• Snowflake Killa
    replied
    Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    I would never put a knife in one of those.

What do ya'll do when you don't have one of these gizmos, or replacement blades for your Havalons?

Sharpening a knife is such a simple thing, I don't understand the reluctance to learn .
    [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bisch
    replied
    Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    What do ya'll do when you don't have one of these gizmos, or replacement blades for your Havalons?
    Sharpening a knife is such a simple thing, I don't understand the reluctance to learn .

Well, Mr Holier Sharpener than thou, some of us can’t get it, no matter how much we try. I’m almost 61yrs old. I’ve tried dozens of gadgets and ways to sharpen knives over the years, and I just can’t get it. On the few sharpeners I have been able to figure out a little, it still takes me forever to get a really sharp blade. The electric sharpener I posted above is a dang good machine that works awesome and makes blades shaving sharp in a very short time.

So you keep doing what you do, and I’ll keep doing what I do, and we’ll all be happy.

And btw, if you read the OP, he said he was unable to use most regular sharpeners due to him having a stroke. I put forward a great option for him!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• bakin7005
    replied
    I've owned lots of sharpeners. This is a MUST have in the field but I sharpen everything with it at home. Best $30 you'll spend.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MadHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    This ^^ End of story

Leave a comment:

• laredoarcher
    replied
    Originally posted by sasqy View Post
    Just buy a Havalon or Outdoor edge !
    Scalpel sharp every time.
    Best advice right here. Agree 100 percent.

Leave a comment:

• Snowflake Killa
    replied
    Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    This is the best thing I have ever bought and used to sharpen kitchen and pocket knives:

It works GREAT, and I even use it to sharpen my 2-blade German Kinetic broadheads!!!!!

Disclaimer: it will only work on 2-blade broadheads that you can remove the blade from the ferrule.

After using this machine, knives will effortlessly slice thru tomatoes, and broadheads will easily shave hair from your arms!!!

Bisch

This ^^ End of story

Leave a comment:

• Bisch
    replied
    knife sharpening help...

This is the best thing I have ever bought and used to sharpen kitchen and pocket knives:

It works GREAT, and I even use it to sharpen my 2-blade German Kinetic broadheads!!!!!

Disclaimer: it will only work on 2-blade broadheads that you can remove the blade from the ferrule.

After using this machine, knives will effortlessly slice thru tomatoes, and broadheads will easily shave hair from your arms!!!

Bisch

Leave a comment:

• oktx
    replied
    I have the WS it works great for me, but I don't use high dollar knives. I don't know that I would use it for expensive knives.

Leave a comment:

• Strummer
    replied
    I have a work sharp, wart hog v sharp and a wicked edge . I prefer the wicked edge .

Leave a comment:

• Rubi513
    replied
    Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    I once had to wait for 5 seconds in line to get a snow cone. This exhuasted all the patience I ever had, and explains my inability to sharpen knives.
    Just realized I have already posted on this thread…
    I will take lack of patience over forgetfulness…

Leave a comment:

• SJP51
    replied
    Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Fixed blade systems such as KME, Warthog, and Edge Pro are fairly easy to learn to get a good edge with.
    I prefer to use wet stones, but you have to have patience to learn free hand.
    I once had to wait for 5 seconds in line to get a snow cone. This exhuasted all the patience I ever had, and explains my inability to sharpen knives.

Leave a comment:

• Rubi513
    replied
    Fixed blade systems such as KME, Warthog, and Edge Pro are fairly easy to learn to get a good edge with.
    I prefer to use wet stones, but you have to have patience to learn free hand.

Leave a comment:

• twosixteens
    replied
    The Warthog works pretty decent with you disability it would be a good choice in my opinion. If we were closer I would volunteer to sharpen em for ya just to listen to some of your stories about cars.

Leave a comment:

• Big pig
    replied
    I struggle to get mine razor sharp

I took my hard-to-sharpen “Buck” knives to ACE hardware and they sharpened with a laser sharpener in about 2 minutes.

We will see how it lasts in the field soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X