• Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 to 22 yards, I like my shots close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Feeder? What feeder?

Comment

20-25 yards...10’ tripod. I also had a setup that was 15 yards from a pop up ground blind.

Comment

Always try to have my feeder at 25. However I always hunt with scatter corn and generally have killed by bucks off the scatter corn.

Comment

25 to the center is ideal IMHO. Get a 30 harder at worst a 25 most of the time

Comment

15 yards.
              My ground blind is permanent and part of my feed pen, if that makes sense.

Comment

I hunt up high 20 -25ft and I usually dont hunt a feeder except for hogs. But I'm right on top of them on the trails and choke points most shots will be within 20 yds.

Comment

20 yds

Comment

25 yars

Comment

I’ve taken about 30 deer with a bow. A couple at 4-5 yards and the longest around 23 yards. My average shot distance is about 17-18 yards. If I am hunting a feeder it is usually around 20 yards away. To me personally, bow hunting has always been about how close I can get to an animal not how long a shot I can make.

Comment

Sit in pop up with no feeder. Just corn 20-30 out with tailgate feeder on UTV

Comment

Originally posted by R C View Post
                          I’ve taken about 30 deer with a bow. A couple at 4-5 yards and the longest around 23 yards. My average shot distance is about 17-18 yards. If I am hunting a feeder it is usually around 20 yards away. To me personally, bow hunting has always been about how close I can get to an animal not how long a shot I can make.
                          My feelings exactly.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I’m the odd man out. My feeder is about 70 yards from my Krivoman. And yes that is my bow stand. I hand corn a small flat right in front of me out to about 22-23 yards. I’ve been corning this spot for a few years. Every time I go the the lease I put out 50-100 lbs of corn in this flat. It just keeps the deer checking it. All you need is one deer to stop on that hand corn and curiosity gets the better of them and they come check it out too. Most of the time every deer that goes to the corn or protein feeder ends up on my hand corn. I think it puts deer at ease to be away from the feed pen. They seem to be more relaxed and stay longer.

Comment

20 yards

Comment

No feeder, but I corn at 15-20 yards. I hunt from a climber mostly.

Comment

Working...
                                X