No announcement yet.

Feeder Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder is 17 yards. Hunt it when the wind is right. Sun sets behind the blind, so its dark as all get out to anything looking my way. Blind is butted up against a steep tank dam so they don't come in from down wind. Hand corn on the blind side of the feeder.
    I shoot through the mesh screen on the blind too, so getting caught moving is almost impossible. Most shots are 10 to 15 yards. Never had one jump the string at that distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
      I guess I’m the odd man out. My feeder is about 70 yards from my Krivoman. And yes that is my bow stand. I hand corn a small flat right in front of me out to about 22-23 yards. I’ve been corning this spot for a few years. Every time I go the the lease I put out 50-100 lbs of corn in this flat. It just keeps the deer checking it. All you need is one deer to stop on that hand corn and curiosity gets the better of them and they come check it out too. Most of the time every deer that goes to the corn or protein feeder ends up on my hand corn. I think it puts deer at ease to be away from the feed pen. They seem to be more relaxed and stay longer.
      I do something very similar. In my experience, the mature bucks would rather come in on hand corn.

Comment

Working...
      X