• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carnitas or
    axis burgers

Comment

Meat of every variety headed by ribeyes

Comment

Steaks on the fire with potatoes, Mac and cheese or asparagus. Usually grill poppers and venison sausage links to snack on while cooking. Breakfast tacos in the mornings after the hunt and usually snack at lunch time.

Comment

I found a new one today
          My nephew shot a 65lb sow Saturday morning so I seasoned up a hind qtr (salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, chilli powder, chipotle garlic and brown sugar) diced some bell pepper, onion and garlic out all in a Dutch oven set the oven on 225 and let it cook for 10hrs

Made lunch out of it, pulled pork tacos.

It was awesome. If you are looking for an easy way to cook and eat some wild hog I highly recommend this. The kids loved it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good grief Smart that berry cobbler is calling my name.

Breakfast tacos in the mornings and steaks, burgers, etc for supper.

If’in I’m with other people some more “in depth” stuff can take place like pulled pork, carne asada etc.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

SOS or as my grandma called it, “meat and gravy”.

Looks like a lot of guys spend more time cooking and eating than hunting
              Last edited by diamond10x; 12-20-2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

For convenience, an HEB cooked sliced brisket and HEB mustard potato salad and some bread are easy to heat and serve.

Comment

Smoked sausage on grill, Bushs beans and potato salad...easy, fast and delicious

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                    Hello team! We are blessed to be able to spend quite a bit of time at the camp. Very appreciative but meal planning can be challenging. Just curious about your go to meals?

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas as we wrap up this wild ride of a year!
                    Mountain House, lol. I hate cooking.

Comment

Jimmy Deans sausage and egg for breakfast. pb and j or salami sandwich for lunch in the backpack. steak and potatoes on fire ring Hey Smart, ya'll got room for one more on the lease?

Comment

I do alot of stuff in the cast iron dutch ovens. turn them each 15-20 min. far too many other things going on at camp to just watch a something cooking. a spatch cock chicken and pigs in a corn field is always a easy and great meat.

Comment

Show up to camp with no food. It makes you hunt harder[emoji57]

Comment

We always cook, steak, chicken, pork chops, fajitas on mesquite. Usually have broccoli or asparagus and some type of white canned potato’s.

My different, go-to, is pinto beans, jalapeños, onions, bacon, rotel, etc depending on what I have in a crockpot on day 2. Slow roll it all day and eat after the pm hunt. They good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ribeyes with twice baked potatoes
                              Cajun stuffed chicken
                              Ham and Lima Beans with cornbread or saltines
                              Venison spaghetti and corn on cob, garlic bread
                              Tamale casserole
                              Pinto beans with ham hocks
                              Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 12-20-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Akaushi Beef Ribeyes or porterhouse steaks and butter and onion potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X