Different Type of Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    I'd really like to see some video of them going ape chit when you walk up on them. Especially if you got a big boar in the trap. Video don't show any of that. I had a trap made out real flexible fencing you'd use for maybe sheep or goats. I just drove T-post and built rectangular completely enclosed tube(if you will), and cut a spot for the drop gate on the front. Whole thing was just wired together, and had hog rings every few inches. Man that sucker would flex and sway when them suckers would hit it, but it lasted forever. Problem, was it's position was permanent.
    Here are several good videos on their site.
    http://https://pigbrig.com/pages/video-library

Edit: the above link won't open for me... so just go to their page and they have a video link.
    Last edited by Tbuddyandroby; 08-11-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Watching

Comment

Humm, no other updates on the system......ouch! i was told it was kevlar netting but I have not confirmed that.

Comment

We had one deployed for a while. It didn’t work……

Comment

I talked to a guy at AgriLife, actually he retired to trap pigs. He said this works well for some pigs and he likes it when he can't drive his truck to areas with the Boar Buster. He said the problem with this is you have to get the hog asap because a big pig will tear it to shreds. He replaced his and still uses it occasionally, but it is the first trap he goes to in the mornings.

Comment

I just put this up Saturday. Got first pics of hogs at it a few minutes ago. No takers, other than piglets, so far. Fingers crossed they'll push on in.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                I just put this up Saturday. Got first pics of hogs at it a few minutes ago. No takers, other than piglets, so far. Fingers crossed they'll push on in.
                Shane--I started with the same type panels and discovered all the piglets would just run away. Ended up putting chain-link fencing on the inside of that one and stopped it cold. Then on my next one I bought more expensive 4x4" panels and now all the pigs end up dead.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post

Shane--I started with the same type panels and discovered all the piglets would just run away. Ended up putting chain-link fencing on the inside of that one and stopped it cold. Then on my next one I bought more expensive 4x4" panels and now all the pigs end up dead.
                  Yeah, I didn't think about piglets. Need to swap for the 4x4s.

Comment

Piglets were always fun running targets with my Nylon 66 .22--

Comment

That looks flimsy as hell. You notice they didn’t show any of the hogs ramming the **** out of it?

Comment

I've seen one in action and pigs just bounce right off the net.

Comment

We just set up a pig brig on the ranch I work at 2ws ago. The pigs finally found it this past weekend. It’s gonna be a few days before we can set it and catch pigs because we have clients on the ranch this week. Oh, and they aren’t $1500 anymore!!!!! Try doubling that!

Bisch
                          Last edited by Bisch; 03-18-2024, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Only advantage I see to that type of trap is it is easily transported and put up, but I don't think it would last more than 1 year. $1,500 per year is too expensive when you can make something as good or better out or horse panels.

Comment

They are not easy to transport or set up but I know for a fact they are durable. Something built out of panels you can pin together would be way easier to transport and set up.

Comment

still following

Comment

Working...
                                X