No announcement yet.

Different Type of Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you bumped it. I hope someone has tried it or built a version.

Comment

My neighbor has been using one for 3-4 months now. Best night was 28 hogs I believe. I’m skeptical about durability as well, but he’s caught over 100 in just a few months and ordered a few more.

Comment

Our hogs wouldn't get anywhere near that thing. They eat the bait right up to the door on a trap but won't go in it. The last time we were at the ranch, they became so skidish from hearing vehicles that they stopped going to the feeders except at night, and that was two weeks ago. I'm supremely jealous of people with dumb hogs, because ours have obtained a PhD in avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
          I'm bringing this back to the top. Any updates on durability and how well it works? Has anyone built one like Saltwaterslick suggested using batting cage material?
          It has worked really well. They havent torn it up yet, and I think we are at about 150 total trapped. When you go up to the trap, they just bounce off it. Has a lot of give in it, so its really gonna be hard for them to tear it apart. I worry more about the sun and uv rays then I do the pigs. Deer dont mess with it. Cows checked it out for a day or so then moved on.

First time i went up to that trap though, I was puckered.

Comment

so the idea is the pig roots under the net and into the trap but cant get out?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              so the idea is the pig roots under the net and into the trap but cant get out?
              Yes. Think of it like a minnow trap but for pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
                It has worked really well. ...

First time i went up to that trap though, I was puckered.
                Pics or videos of it in action?

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
                  Yes. Think of it like a minnow trap but for pigs.
                  interesting. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                    Pics or videos of it in action?
                    I will get some next time I set it up, lost my old phone and lost the pics. There are some good videos on youtube or in that original link the OP posted. It is almost identical to those videos how the pigs react and start flopping all over the place bouncing off the net.

We've had it down for a couple of months because it is so green and nothing has been coming to the feeders. When stuff starts dying off or we get to hunting season I will put it back on the posts and lure em back in.

Comment

I’m really surprised you haven’t caught a deer or a calf in it.

Comment

I’m skeptical. No where in the video do they show the pigs nosing their way in, nor trying to nose their way out. A little pricey considering lack of proof.

However, their website says they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. Is someone decides to give it a try, please post a testimonial for the rest of us.

Comment

A guy over on a cattle forum that I frequent lives in east Texas and said he's done well with it.

I'd like to use the concept as a "gate" for my Texas sized trap.

Comment

They must be gaining some traction. The price went up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              A guy over on a cattle forum that I frequent lives in east Texas and said he's done well with it.

I'd like to use the concept as a "gate" for my Texas sized trap.
                              Have you been trapping this summer? I really enjoyed your threads on the Texas sized hog trap.

Comment

I'd really like to see some video of them going ape chit when you walk up on them. Especially if you got a big boar in the trap. Video don't show any of that. I had a trap made out real flexible fencing you'd use for maybe sheep or goats. I just drove T-post and built rectangular completely enclosed tube(if you will), and cut a spot for the drop gate on the front. Whole thing was just wired together, and had hog rings every few inches. Man that sucker would flex and sway when them suckers would hit it, but it lasted forever. Problem, was it's position was permanent.

Comment

Working...
                                X