No announcement yet.

Different Type of Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ordered one. The Professional model. Has guards for tusks, a top, etc. Watch some of the videos they have, there are some big hogs in the traps. An employee of the company even called to confirm our soil type, and what T Posts we should use. So far, an excellent experience. Once we get it set up and going, I will report back with pics on how well it works or doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
      How long before a buck gets his antlers tangled in it?
      Good question

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
        I like the concept but worry about the durability.

-john
        X2. I've watched them bend panel wire up from the bottom and crawl under. Maybe the pliability of the net helps but it's gonna have to be some stout stuff @ $1500/ea

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
          I like the concept but worry about the durability.

-john
          Advantage to the netting is it will flex. UV and the Texas sun might be harder on it, but I like the concept!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            not sure its worth $1500...
            Yup. I could see $500 or so, but $1500 gives me angst. Could weld up a corral trap for less than that.

Comment

“Pig Brig is an incredibly efficient and easy to use hog trap. We got rid of every pig on this property in 2 weeks using Pig Brig traps” Steven M, Farmer, White Oaks, SC

Those pigs would be replaced within a week or two here at the farm I'll keep shooting them...that keeps them away for a few weeks and doesn't cost anywhere near $1,500

Comment

Looks like a dang good idea! Too many other things I’d rather spend $1500 on though!

Comment

No chance

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    Advantage to the netting is it will flex. UV and the Texas sun might be harder on it, but I like the concept!
                    I called and answer
                    “” The net our trap is made from is UV rated for 10 years. It is similar to golf or baseball cage netting.””
                    No answer on can and will they chew holes in it
                    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-09-2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

The durability is the biggest concern.
                      I had a 180lb bore in a trap made of cattle panel
                      And 3 inch angle Iron, and that Hog liked to have flipped the trap over endo
                      .. he would back in a corner and hit it hard..
                      Just imagine multiple doing the same on that net.

Comment

It definitely looks neat, but like others have mentioned I can't imagine it will last too long.

Comment

Definitely A cool Idea

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
                            We ordered one. The Professional model. Has guards for tusks, a top, etc. Watch some of the videos they have, there are some big hogs in the traps. An employee of the company even called to confirm our soil type, and what T Posts we should use. So far, an excellent experience. Once we get it set up and going, I will report back with pics on how well it works or doesnt work.
                            I'm interested to hear your results. Definitely looks interesting.

Comment

It looks like a great idea. I trying to determine what you get for $1500. If it is just the netting and some cinch straps then it is over priced. Very cool idea, but I believe they came in way to high. At 500 or 750 they prob would double or triple their sales. and still be making money.

Comment

Old used cyclone fencing is far cheaper and hardier. I have a couple of traps with cyclone and panel. The cyclone will expand, the panel will break at the welded corners of the trap. I don’t move traps either. They are stationary. Lots of investment for a net.

Comment

Working...
                                X