Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
    I can’t even fathom passing a deer like that...dang!
    Agreed, Low Fence, High Fence, Large Property, Small property, doesn't matter, if that buck walks out and you've never seen him before, he's goin down. Part of the game. On the flip side I'm certain there's been some target bucks on that 65 acres that have gone down on the 1200 acres. Deer don't know property lines...

Congrats to OP on growing a monster like that, really takes some admirable patience and hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post
      Agreed, Low Fence, High Fence, Large Property, Small property, doesn't matter, if that buck walks out and you've never seen him before, he's goin down. Part of the game. On the flip side I'm certain there's been some target bucks on that 65 acres that have gone down on the 1200 acres. Deer don't know property lines...

Congrats to OP on growing a monster like that, really takes some admirable patience and hard work.
      Yep, it's called fair chase!
      I doubt anyone who has read these post would not have done exactly what the hunter who killed the buck did.
      I feel for the guy who fed, and passed on the deer, but without it penned up there shouldn't be any sorrow over the outcome.
      There is a lesson here! The OP did everything right, but the buck cheated on him and left for greener pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        No idea how to get a deer of that caliber grown

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        I don't agree here. These 65 acre guys in particular may be clueless but that's a pretty broad brush you got bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post

Yes sir, thank you! Like you said, all apart of the game, he wasn’t the first and won’t be the last. He was a mature deer, and he got shot, can’t complain about that. Now if I had a choice, I would have liked for him to be harvested on our side of the fence but you win some and you loose some, just glad he was mature!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            I don't agree here. These 65 acre guys in particular may be clueless but that's a pretty broad brush you got bud.
            I'm sponsored by Sherman Williams

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I just saw it happened again, another up and comer shot by neighbors.... been looking at high fence costs all afternoon!

Comment

Dang man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  Dang man!!

It was kinda funny at first.... now not so much haha this deer had a ton of potential! I’d post a photo of the deer but I don’t really want to post someone else’s photo. This one stings as much as the big deer killed.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    On your place or did he jump the fence?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                    He was on ours. Kind of a confusing situation to try and type out. Long story short that was the straw that broke the camels back and they won’t be hunting out there ever again.

Comment

From same pasture?

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                        It was kinda funny at first.... now not so much haha this deer had a ton of potential! I’d post a photo of the deer but I don’t really want to post someone else’s photo. This one stings as much as the big deer killed.
                        That’s just salt in the wound. Hate that for you. I’m sure they are gonna be awfully sad when that high fence goes up.

Comment

Man that sucks. The dude has YOUR trail camera photo as his cover photo.. Fence em out

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                            He was on ours. Kind of a confusing situation to try and type out. Long story short that was the straw that broke the camels back and they won’t be hunting out there ever again.

I’m confused, he was on your pasture as well?

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                              From same pasture?

Yup, same guys...

Comment

Better fence em otherwise all father/son duos across Texas will think they can shoot free range deer on their properties.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X