Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
    They may shoot whatever makes them happy! I’m going to manage our deer to reach maturity and not shoot 3 year olds just because they have big horns regardless of what they shoot. We put a lot of time, money, effort, and patience growing/managing deer so it stings a little when a 3 year old is shot.

Your comments sounds sarcastic, which would lead me to believe your not much of the management type.
    If it makes you feel any better my neighbor told me this morning if any of the bucks I've been passing on make it to him hes killing one. [emoji23]

It is what it is. Got my fingers crossed extra tightly but at least he does only shoot 1 a year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      If it makes you feel any better my neighbor told me this morning if any of the bucks I've been passing on make it to him hes killing one. [emoji23]

It is what it is. Got my fingers crossed extra tightly but at least he does only shoot 1 a year.

Your right, it is what it is at this point.

I’d be perfectly content if they only shot one a year like your neighbor does, but not the case over my way! It is what it is.

Good luck the last few weeks of season!

Comment

I feel like I have seen
        More
        Pics with this guy and bucks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
          I feel like I have seen
          More
          Pics with this guy and bucks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you have.....

Comment

Lol, the one I wanted to be left was killed tonight.

Comment

The 2 bucks I’ve shot last 2 yrs were on different TC 3 miles apart within a week of me shooting them. I’ve got farm 2.5 miles apart so I keep track plus a buddy owns a property 1/2mile further north of one property and shares pics with me. Mid-Late October is when we start seeing the bucks make these long travel routes.

Comment

Congratulations to the hunter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I just saw it happened again, another up and comer shot by neighbors.... been looking at high fence costs all afternoon!
                  I hate to say it but this is what it's going to take. Congrats to them for shooting a great mature buck on small acreage. But then shooting two more young up and comers in the same season on 60 acres....that s just BS.

It's something you're never going to be ok with cause at the end of the day-it takes just seconds to kill'em but it takes 5-8 years to make'em! you're never gonna win that battle-not even close enough to be satisfied with what you got. Fence that little 60 acres out! ....i

Comment

Well I just saw it happened again, another up and comer shot by neighbors.... been looking at high fence costs all afternoon!
                    Some times that’s what you have you do, all it takes is guys like this that will shoot just about anything that has antlers to get high fenced out. We had to high fence most of our south side because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                      The 2 bucks I’ve shot last 2 yrs were on different TC 3 miles apart within a week of me shooting them. I’ve got farm 2.5 miles apart so I keep track plus a buddy owns a property 1/2mile further north of one property and shares pics with me. Mid-Late October is when we start seeing the bucks make these long travel routes.
                      I have a buck that I see at both of my sets the same day. These two sets are 2-2.5 miles apart. I get pics of him in the morning at one, and then at the other in the afternoon, and vice-versa. This is not during the rut either, so he is not roaming looking for girls, just living life.

Comment

Man with only 1200 acres and small neighbors, that’s going to happen a lot. Sucks but it is what it is. You can put a fence on him on your part but that won’t stop it. Crappy deal all around if you’re trying to let deer get to 6.5 or 7.5. I finally had to make the move to a big managed south Tx ranch. Now I can let deer walk in peace. Lol
                        Last edited by panhandlehunter; 01-03-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Dang heartbreaker

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Man with only 1200 acres and small neighbors, that’s going to happen a lot. Sucks but it is what it is. You can put a fence on him on your part but that won’t stop it. Crappy deal all around if you’re trying to let deer get to 6.5 or 7.5. I finally had to make the move to a big managed south Tx ranch. Now I can let deer walk in peace. Lol

Yes sir, like I said before it’s all apart of it! I congratulate them on the big deer though, he’s a big mature trophy deer and will make a beautiful mount!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                              Is it me or do you see a ghost of an elephant in this picture?

[/QUOTE]

Chew? Wheres Chew?

Comment

Chew? Wheres Chew?[/QUOTE]The ghost ephant is ways watching...

Comment

Working...
                                X