No announcement yet.

What Binos to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the sig Zulu 7s and love them. You can catch them on sale in the $500 range

Comment

I just got a new pair of Leupold BX-4 10x50s and I like them alot. Very clear, good low light performance. They seem pretty solid to me, especially for the price.

Comment

I really want Swarovski binos but have been using Zeiss Conquest 12x45 binos for about 15 years, and I can’t justify changing because these work for me.

Comment

If you think you might take a western/dream hunt one day, you might as well buy good glass now. Trips and high $ tags are a lot easier to stomach when you don’t have to buy all the gear at the same time.

If you’re not going to spend Swaro $ (I wasn’t), the Zeiss Conquest HD’s, Meopta Meostar’s, and from what I’ve heard of the Maven’s are all exceptional choices and you’re not likely to have buyers remorse.

I went with the Zeiss 10x42 and was able to clearly observe elk at 1,700-2,000 yards.

Comment

I do not regret the purchase of swaro glass. I’d look hard at Leica or maybe Zeiss if swaro was out of the equation.

Comment

Leica 10 x 42 with range finder, really cannot go wrong with all the optics listed on this post.

Comment

For budget glass but better than the nikons I really like my Steiner Predator 10x42 binoculars.

Comment

What Binos to buy

Originally posted by cnc_xt View Post
                  I do not regret the purchase of swaro glass. I’d look hard at Leica or maybe Zeiss if swaro was out of the equation.

I’ve never heard anyone say they regret purchasing high end glass but I have heard plenty of people saying they wish they had better glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 12-01-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I just got my 1st pair if swaros off the classifieds here. 10x42 slc. And wow is all i can say

Comment

If you decide to go Swarovski, let me know and I can fix you up with a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vortex! Can't beat it when you can get a dealer discount.

I got the Viper HD 12x50

Comment

+1 for MeoStar

I have been using the Meopta MeoStar B1 Plus 8x42 bino for 21 out of 28 days in Nov. and finally got the deer I was after. The new design made holding them easier and while no upgrade to the glass, I really liked the 8X for low light and field of view. They let me see this 8-year-old buck 10 times in 3 weeks but there just wasn't a solid crossbow shot. Finally, it all came together last Friday. Meopta has been making outstanding European glass for years and outsources to a few companies that you probably thought made their own glass. I started doing some freelance work with Meopta almost 2 years ago after working for another company for 11 and I couldn't be happier with what Meopta makes for us. Definitely worth taking a look at, especially if you want to save some $.

Comment

I've had Swaros since 2007. I love them but they are worth the money only twice a day. Unless you are a guide or something and you're just hunting for yourself out of a blind, the Swaros are great for the first 15 minutes of light and the last 15 minutes of light. For the rest of the time assuming a nice day etc. You can use just about any other binocular......but.........twice a day there is no match.

Comment

Leica Geovids. Great glass and great range finder. Will also tell you the temperature and barometric pressure. And they will range close distances. Swaro rangefinder binos won’t range under 33 yards which I didn’t like for bow hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No one's said it yet, but I've stacked my Nikon Monarch HG's up against some Leica Geovid's and walked away liking the Nikon's better. You can usually shop around and get a pair for $800 or so on a deal. I don't know what Nikons you have, but their top end binos are dang good.

Comment

Working...
                                X