Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Garguy And The Geezer LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to him!

Comment

Sitting on stand over here in Louisiana, pulling for y’all. He needs that. Best of luck to him, and praying for your mother’s good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Nothing yet. Dad resting up so he will be ready.
        I love it! The only better pic will be him holding his buck

Comment

Old deer I call circle hook here. I want him to shoot but holding out for now.

Comment

I’m in for sure. Best of luck to you and dad. Awesome thread as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! And I'll echo the prayers for your mama

Comment

Circle hook cruised on. Now a heavy horned 8pt

Comment

Now a 6pt

Comment

Big broke up 8pt

Comment

We ended with out shooting but only because of a safety malfunction. Circle hook came back and Dad loo kg ed him over about 30 minutes along with 3 dang good mature 8pts and a 6pt. Dad suddenly announce he was gonna kill that deer. When he flipped the safety it sounded like the hammer dropped. Gun wouldn't shoot and safety wouldn't flip back. We worked the action and that seemed to fix it. Of course 5 bucks at 40 yds didnt like that. They eased out in the timber about 75 yrs before casually walking away. As they left,the deer we went after came through and walked away with them. Heck of a hunt. 5 deer over 5 years old this evening. It was a geezer day for sure.
                      Last edited by GarGuy; 11-30-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Hopefully he put the smackdown on ole big and we will get pics

Comment

We ended with out shooting but only bgg because of a safety malfunction. Circle hook came back and Dad loo kg ed him over about 30 minutes along with 3 dang good natured and 8pts and a 6pt. Dad suddenly announce he was gonna kill that deer. When he flipped the safety it sounded like the hammer dropped. Gun wouldn't shoot and safety wouldn't flip back. We worked the action and that seemed to fix it. Of course 5 bucks at 40 yds didnt like that. They eased out in the timber about 75 yrs before casually walking away. As they left,the deer we went after came through and wal kg ed away with them. Heck of a hunt. 5 deer over 5 years old this evening. It was a geezer day for sure.

Dang the luck! Well maybe you'll get another opportunity soon

Comment

Nothing yet. Dad resting up so he will be ready.
                            Us geezers get colder quicker than you whippersnappers !

Steve, do you think he was a victim of the Remington safety ? How old is the rifle ? Hate he didn’t get a shot .....

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Us geezers get colder quicker than you whippersnappers !

Steve, do you think he was a victim of the Remington safety ? How old is the rifle ? Hate he didn’t get a shot .....
                              The rifle is maybe 15 years old. Been flawless. I did hear somewhere about Remington safety malfunction but never witnessed that. Got home and unloaded the gun and it dryfires perfectly crisp at 26oz. He said he pulled as hard as he could and keep the cross hairs on the deer.
                              Last edited by GarGuy; 11-30-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Tough break Steve. I'm sure yall will be on them again soon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X