Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would NOT shoot at a trophy on fence line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve shot deer on my fenceline, but I was on the fenceline facing my property. I had two stands like that on my Rusk County place. I could shoot right, left, or straight ahead, but not behind. No windows in the back of the blind. I had two deer cross the line, one buck, one doe, but I could see them laying dead 20/30 yards on the neighbor. No permission to retrieve needed because nobody hunted those places. Leave my gun, drag the deer out. I would have returned the favor if someone else needed the same.

Never would I shoot a deer on my side that was right against the line if I had to shoot toward the neighbor, no matter the size or sex. I don’t get off on antlers, life is much simpler that way.

Comment

I would pass only because I have no idea who may be or where they could be on the other side of that fence. Not worth the risk for a deer.

Comment

I’m shooting his ***!!

Comment

I'm certainly not going to through rocks at him, so lead is flying.

Comment

I would

Comment

I am absolutely shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I’ve shot deer on my fenceline, but I was on the fenceline facing my property. I had two stands like that on my Rusk County place. I could shoot right, left, or straight ahead, but not behind. No windows in the back of the blind. I had two deer cross the line, one buck, one doe, but I could see them laying dead 20/30 yards on the neighbor. No permission to retrieve needed because nobody hunted those places. Leave my gun, drag the deer out. I would have returned the favor if someone else needed the same.

Never would I shoot a deer on my side that was right against the line if I had to shoot toward the neighbor, no matter the size or sex. I don’t get off on antlers, life is much simpler that way.
                You misunderstood my question. What if the deer was WAY off your line? Say 100 yards, but your aim was toward your property line? Remember, it's a buck of a lieftime.

Comment

Come on man how many people have gotten shot out of all these years hunting from this?????

Comment

Not shooting here. I don't kill trophy bucks anymore. Just culls and pigs. He gets a pass. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
                      Not fair Burnadell! Logic and math have no business in this conversation. Both of those greatly diminish the amount of virtue signaling and judgmental responses that your kind of question tees up.

He’s assuming a ground level blind and a parallel bullet trajectory, terrain not withstanding, since math was brought into it. Stating your honest opinion is not virtue signaling nor judgment. I’ll make an addendum to my post however. If I had an agreement, I’d shoot. But the neighbor this involves refers to any deer as “his deer”. And he’s not what I’d call a Mensa member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Shoulder shot and hopefully doesn't pass through the 2nd one. He gone..

Comment

My rule of thumb is shoot between the fences that way you are not shooting across anyone’s property line. Just stay on the road & shoot only in the ditch lines

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            Being as my neighbor is a complete arse, nope. And before any of you Mayberry "take him a pie and be nice" folks chime in, I have tried and it failed. So we just keep to ourselves.

What kind of pie? Store bought or homemade? That may have been the problem!

How big is your proerty?

Comment

I don't think this is apple to apple comparison to the OP from the other thread. In that case, there's a perm feeder and set up that would equate to lots of opportunities for the worst scenario where in your scenario, it would be rare and not in line with any known dangers.

Burnadell, since you like scenarios buck of a lifetime standing just inside your fence, but neighbor has a house/camp 100 yds on other side of the fence? neighbor parks his trucks 100 across the fence? neighbor has a stand 100 yrds across the fence? and etc etc

Comment

And it goes Bang.

Comment

Working...
                                X