Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would NOT shoot at a trophy on fence line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
    I simply will not take a shot unless I have a backstop. Period. If your stray bullet hits someone or comes close you are in deep, deep trouble -- legally and morally. Those of ya'll that say, "shoot" worry me, lol. I'm only on 65ish acres and your stray bullet can reach me.
    So you hunt on 65 acres and are confident that your bullets never cross the property line? That would not be moral!

Comment

Kill that sum beach deader-n-he77

Comment

yes I would. Like someone else said I would try to knock him down right there but I would

Comment

Near some neighbors yes if along others no. Some I know where they’re setups are. The ones I have no idea I would not shoot. A deer isn’t worth an accident

Comment

thats why i shoot from an elevated position, all of my shots go into the ground.

Comment

Just bow hunt like a real hunter.

Comment

On my place, I guess it depends on what fence, lol.

I have neighbors with houses on both sides not far away. We have gates to each other's properties; they run cows on mine.

Now the back fence, nothing that direction for miles and has an uphill grade. If there aren't any cows right there at the time, I probably won't hesitate.

Comment

[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Ponder this:

If my math serves me correctly, a square 200 tract is slightly less than 1000yds by 1000yds (983.86 to be exact). That means if anybody is in the MIDDLE of the property and shoots in any direction, the bullet would cross the property line, absent trees, brush or hitting an animal.
                    Not fair Burnadell! Logic and math have no business in this conversation. Both of those greatly diminish the amount of virtue signaling and judgmental responses that your kind of question tees up.

Comment

I'd shoot,bolt,and shoot again.Just for insurance purposes.

Comment

Dead deer walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Ponder this:

If my math serves me correctly, a square 200 tract is slightly less than 1000yds by 1000yds (983.86 to be exact). That means if anybody is in the MIDDLE of the property and shoots in any direction, the bullet would cross the property line, absent trees, brush or hitting an animal.
                          Exactly, and one reason this is a stupid law, besides being unenforceable. Anyway, heck, yeah, I'd shoot and hope the pass through doesn't continue very far.

Doesn't even have to be a buck of a lifetime. If I'm meat hunting and it's a doe we're talking about, ka-pow
                          Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Kapow!!!

Comment

He's on my side, he's mine!!!

Comment

Unless there is something on the other side of the fence building, livestock, ect.. than I'm pulling the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X