Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Let's go to Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet!!

Comment

Wind switched, I bailed. Gonna go hang a new set and put out some cameras. Need to locate some big boys.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Two of the finest people I've ever met live up here. A married couple, 89 and 91 chased me down in the grocery store as soon as we pulled into town. My first 9 years hunting up here (03-11) I stayed in their house with them. I had only ever spoken to them on the phone before knocking on their door at 10pm in 2003 and have never felt more at home with a family in my life. It was such a blessing to see them as I don't get too as much now that I'm hunting a different town. It put me behind by about an hour, but I'd give up a whole day to visit with them folks. If that brief meeting in the grocery store parking lot is any foreshadowing of the 9 days to come, it's going to be a hell of a trip.

Let's see what the evening has in store.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Isint it amazing and a blessing to have people like that come into your life.

Comment

I'm in following along . I didn't have much action this morning but I know there is a goid one there. Saw him yesterday. Changed my setup a little and will let it sit tonight and be there in the morning.
          I think its time we both put one down..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, I did some running around today, probably more than I should have because I'm just now getting on the stand.
            Checked some cameras, set some cameras and did a little bit of scouting. Quick lunch and I'm back at it. One camera shows a lot of activity with a sure enough shooter at it. Another cam with a lot of deer, several bucks, but no stand outs. However this particular one always proves to be our best setup. More than a couple of big deer have started leaking there. 3rd was a raccoon fest.
            I'm sitting in a corner on a cut corn field, with a creek winding through a big block of timber. I spent most of my time last year perched in this exact tree chasing a big 8. I never was able to connect, but it's a good place to be. Dad sat in the truck overlooking this field this morning and last evening and saw 2 shooters yesterday evening and 1 this morning. With that said, dad's not real picky, they could be scrubs but I'd like to pass my eyes over them to make my own decision. I'm also only a out 300 yards from the camera with the big buck on it, and they're connected by the same block of woods. I've got a SE wind today blowing my wind over the cut corn, deer generally come out in this corner and hug the east tree line. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                    Two of the finest people I've ever met live up here. A married couple, 89 and 91 chased me down in the grocery store as soon as we pulled into town. My first 9 years hunting up here (03-11) I stayed in their house with them. I had only ever spoken to them on the phone before knocking on their door at 10pm in 2003 and have never felt more at home with a family in my life. It was such a blessing to see them as I don't get too as much now that I'm hunting a different town. It put me behind by about an hour, but I'd give up a whole day to visit with them folks. If that brief meeting in the grocery store parking lot is any foreshadowing of the 9 days to come, it's going to be a hell of a trip.

Let's see what the evening has in store.

Isint it amazing and a blessing to have people like that come into your life.[/QUOTE]God sends angels, Mr Don and Mrs Jan are exactly that. Such a blessing.
                    Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                    I'm in following along . I didn't have much action this morning but I know there is a goid one there. Saw him yesterday. Changed my setup a little and will let it sit tonight and be there in the morning.
                    I think its time we both put one down..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    I couldn't agree more. Good luck killer.

Comment

Pretty little 8 just cruised by. And a knot head playing around right underneath me.

Comment

Comment

Good luck!!!

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates. Woods came alive. I don't know how many different bucks I saw. No shooters but several nice deer. At one time I had 4 bucks chasing a doe to my south and 3 chasing one to my east, overlapping paths. I felt like I was watching the trick where they have three cups and put something under one and mix them all up and you have to keep an eye on the one with the prize in it. I couldn't keep up with who was chasing who. Two different times had bucks square off, no fights though. I think I saw every buck in that block of woods this evening except the one I'm looking for, and I may have talked to him. Had a deer in the timber grunt 2 times at the deer in picture, then about a minute later grunt/roar LOUD, so loud and obnoxious it sounded like a 3yr old playing with his dad's call, and man did he have a DEEP voice. I grunted back and never heard it again. Watched 4 different bucks hit scrapes. Unbelievable. Stay tuned

Comment

Back at it, after biscuits and eggs and sausage.
                              It's a nice calm day here with a light 25MPH SW breeze. We don't have a whole lot of stands setup for West wind. Just don't see it often. But I'll make due. I'm in a little honey hole, small finger of woods, bucks often use to push a doe in during the rut. One of them places that most people pass up. It's either balls to the walls in here, or pretty dead. We shall see as the day progresses. Should have to deal with this wind up to 35MPH thru tomorrow, then I think it's supposed to get back to normal. Hang in there with me, it's gonna get better if it don't get worse or stay the same.

Comment

The Midwest hunts are riveting!

Good luck this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X