Let's go to Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
    Just got back last night after hunting a week in Fredonia. This is what we saw also.
    Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't seen many big bucks, 1 today, and not a lot of does. Hope it bust open soon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

FINALLY. I'm in a tree. No where near my favorite tree in KS, but in a tree in KS. I have cut corn to my north with a drainage running north to south. Drainage "T's" into another drainage running east to west. I'm sitting in the T. CRP to my east and west, and just pasture to my south. Start wind from north west blowing my scent out over a pond. I can see a lot of country, not expecting a whole lot tonight, mainly a scouting trip.

Two of the finest people I've ever met live up here. A married couple, 89 and 91 chased me down in the grocery store as soon as we pulled into town. My first 9 years hunting up here (03-11) I stayed in their house with them. I had only ever spoken to them on the phone before knocking on their door at 10pm in 2003 and have never felt more at home with a family in my life. It was such a blessing to see them as I don't get too as much now that I'm hunting a different town. It put me behind by about an hour, but I'd give up a whole day to visit with them folks. If that brief meeting in the grocery store parking lot is any foreshadowing of the 9 days to come, it's going to be a hell of a trip.

Let's see what the evening has in store.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

North

Comment

East

Comment

West

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Comment

Doe in corn field.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Well had a big doe come in about 10 mins before dark. She left with a spike aggravating her. Then he came back and ate a bit.

Comment

The silence is deafening. A phrase that always seemed a little crazy to me. It was QUIET in these woods until the birds started waking up. Felt like the whole world could hear my thoughts.
                              This morning I'm sitting in the bend of a creek in a pretty wide strip of trees running N to S. Bedding to north, cut corn to south. Have a spike milling around east of me. Just got word that one hunter just drew blood.

Comment

Had to put up phone, several deer moving around in here. Update later. Phone going up.

Comment

Working...
                                X