Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bow shot, frame by frame, sort of, dead or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing he had to be shot again days later

Comment

My son hit a buck at an angle several weeks ago. The shot was about an inch higher or so than the pic on here. Buck ran about 120 yards. However, he left a solid blood trail that we could have all trailed. Was using a Rage Trypan so the cut was enormous on the deer. Like others said.....once an arrow goes in to a deer it can move around. Glad you recovered the buck. Congrats on arrowing a great deer.

Comment

I’m surprised the doe behind him at that angle didn’t get killed after pass through!

Shot reminds me of my buck last season. Glad you found him.

Comment

Here is the shot angle
          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, after looking at this on the computer, the pic with the smallest nock pic right at entry wasnt showing up on tapacrap for me on my phone for some reason. The pic before that is what I thought was the last one before entry. Just a note, I always wait for them to bring their leg forward before I shoot as it really opens up the vitals. Ive noticed when the front leg is back like in your pics people tend to shoot too far back.

Comment

I hated to see this deer suffer, I didn’t shoot it, I was just running the camera. He died in front of us about 30 minutes later. He actually drowned in the tank, here is a pick of him swimming across it. Bad shots happen, I did not like watching this all happen in front of us but it was an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                I hated to see this deer suffer, I didn’t shoot it, I was just running the camera. He died in front of us about 30 minutes later. He actually drowned in the tank, here is a pick of him swimming across it. Bad shots happen, I did not like watching this all happen in front of us but it was an experience.

It happens. Thats still much easier than a slow natural death.

Comment

Just curious is that a free roaming low fence deer? He’s a stud

Comment

Him going in the water like that may have been a good thing, as far as recovering him !

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                      Just curious is that a free roaming low fence deer? He’s a stud

No, is a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        Him going in the water like that may have been a good thing, as far as recovering him !

I agree.

Comment

What about this one? Shot this evening. Should be a no brainer!![emoji16]

Comment

Like I said.. Dead deer all day.. Nice buck.. When you said Montec I cringed and was a little concerned.. There are much better heads on the market but they all expand!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                              What about this one? Shot this evening. Should be a no brainer!![emoji16]

Looks perfect but depends on shot angle. Shouder appears broken

Comment

Dead deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X