Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bow shot, frame by frame, sort of, dead or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that was my deer. I would have made a quick check for a blood trail. If I didn’t see one within 30 yards I would call a tracking dog. I would not get my scent all over the place looking. That shot is back and probably missed the heart and lungs. Looks gut shot to me.

Comment

Shot is back and deer is quartering to. Not a good combo. Hope you found him or he’s miraculously alive like the deer mentioned by previous poster.

Comment

Liver shot. Not pushed he runs 500/700 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
          We know the outcome of the story, I just wanted to share and see some opinions. Very interesting story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I’m guessing that if you know the outcome the deer is dead. If it wasn’t dead you wouldn’t know the outcome.

I think he is completely broadside or even slightly quartering away. The right front leg is forward and gives the appearance that the deer is quartering to. I think the shot is high enough that you got the back of the lungs, diaphragm, or even liver.

Comment

Definitely back. Like others said, shooter is to the left of the camera. Slight quartering to shot, with the buck hunched up...I think thats guts.

Comment

Back... behind the heart IMO. Looks a lot like the same area FNDs shot on his wide buck last week (Ashley Memorial hunt thread) and my shot on a mgmt buck last year. Mine required a second shot as seen in this video.

Comment

I say he a dead buck. And recovered. Shot placement is ok.

Comment

So what’s the outcome?

Comment

Liver/Gut

Comment

I’m not surprised by anything anymore. I’ve seen a lot that I cannot explain. However, that does not look survivable. I think it’s a little too far back for the angle.

Comment

If bets were being placed I’d have no problem putting money on a back liver/gut shot. Dead most likely, but would take some time. Hope it turned out well, either dead or proven alive and kicking.

Comment

The shot is back and quartering further back. I would give him all day and get a dog on him. Likely dead but I have seen some deer survive crazy stuff. If there is CV paunch N on the arrow he wont live

Comment

Well... ?

Comment

I would say possible liver/gut, but definitely back of the heart and probably missed lungs.

Comment

Come on man, the suspense is killing me did you find him dead or alive ?

Comment

Working...
                                X