Semi Live from S Texas - Nilgai, Whitetail and Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
    I couldn't shoot it, because it wasn't even scare of me. It just set there about 6ft from me. It didn't understand the game.
    You are a better person than me. I would of shot it. Good eats and easier to drag out.

Comment

When calves get separated from their moms they just stand there not knowing what to do. I personally couldn't shoot one either, so don't be so hard on yourself. Somehow people do this and I don't agree with it, but to each their own.

Also Nilgai bulls and cows taste exactly the same. I have shot 700 pound bulls and 450 pound cows. They both taste the same so the logic of shooting a calf because its great eating isn't true in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
        When calves get separated from their moms they just stand there not knowing what to do. I personally couldn't shoot one either, so don't be so hard on yourself. Somehow people do this and I don't agree with it, but to each their own.

Also Nilgai bulls and cows taste exactly the same. I have shot 700 pound bulls and 450 pound cows. They both taste the same so the logic of shooting a calf because its great eating isn't true in my opinion.
        I don’t think anyone means shoot the calf because it tastes better (at least I don’t), BUT it is still a nilgai, so yes, it is good, actually great, eating.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
          I don’t think anyone means shoot the calf because it tastes better (at least I don’t), BUT it is still a nilgai, so yes, it is good, actually great, eating.

Possibly more tender, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for taking us along Mr Birdwell. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Thanks for taking us along Mr Birdwell. I really appreciate it.
              Thanks for all the info on slug hunting. I was a little disappointed because I didn't get anything, but I think it was my favorite all time hunt. I pushed myself further than I thought I would go, and that made it so rewarding

Comment

Looks like a good time for sure!

Comment

Working...
                X