No announcement yet.

Coyotes Kill Mature Buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date and times are wrong on the camera and pics are grainy but similar situation.
    Had a few others pics of this deer saw no visible injuries but he looked like he'd just ran a marathon and his tounge was hanging out. That is a hog wallow he's laying in which was the only standing water anywhere around 3rd week in August.
    Yote pic was 3 minutes later. Never saw the deer again on camera so I assume a pack of yotes ran him down and killed him.

This lease can have a very high number of yotes to the point i can identify 6 or 7 groups howling at night when I
    Hog hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2 cents is he was probably already gassed,and they kept hassling him..Hassled him,til he ran completely out.

Comment

I agree there was something wrong with him before the yotes got him.

That trough looks familiar...do you hunt near Utopia?

Comment

Our place is close to Runge, TX. About 30 min south of Cuero.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            He was probably sick or wounded. You have coyotes stalking him at 1:45 then a doe and fawn? cruise by 45 minutes later.
            In the last picture I can’t tell if he’s being drug out of the tank or dragging himself out of the tank. Either way I’m sure coyotes finished him off.
            Yup, I'm with Sika. Most likely fevered from wound or infection and that's why he went to the water.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

he may have had a wound that prompted them to attack but heck yes they will take em down when they can no matter how old....

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Deer does not have to sick or injured for coyotes to kill them. It look to me like they ran him till he was exhausted, he is slobbering like crazy. First pic looks like one may have him by the hammy.

I hate coyotes.
                This right here is my bet.
                They ran him in circles until one latched on to his hind quarter. They wore him out. Once they draw blood on a ham they won't stop for anything.
                He jumped in the trough to get away from them and protect his hams.
                Iv'e seen them go out in stock tanks with coyotes all around.

I have also seen them out in semi open country. 10 or 12 yotes all around with the buck just spinning in circles trying to keep them off his back side.

Sad deal to see.

I kill every yote I see!!!!!

Comment

It is amassing to me he crawled in that little trough to try and get away from the yotes. They are relentless.

Comment

Working...
                  X