No announcement yet.

Coyotes Kill Mature Buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas deer aren't typically susceptible to BT and EHD. I guess injury and then coyote food.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Looks to me like the yoties ran him to death. Crazy anyways, but not much telling how many fawns and rutted down bucks that are killed.
      I had a yote trot by me one morning as I was anticipating axis. About 45 minutes later that same yote came back from the direction he had gone. He had something in his mouth.

I drew back and whistled, he stopped I shot he growled, let go of what he had. It was the back half of a fawn.

Comment

That’s is crazy! Thanks for sharing, but that’s a **** shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet you wish you would have clicked the camera over to video before this happened, cool pics.

Comment

First pic there is a blur on the left side that appears to be a coyote in the edge of the flash field

Possibility that coyotes ran deer down but I would lean toward injured and stalked by coyotes until he died or was so near that they were able to pull him out of the trough

Pic of doe and yearling in the middle of all of it is a little confusing. Would think yotes would stick with the plan until they succeeded and that 2 deer would not run them out of the picture but who knows

Rare set of pics for certain

Comment

Its easy for a new pack to pick up where one left off. Doesn't take long in dry conditions either.

We have a ridiculous amount of yotes on the new place. Killed 7 last weekend just driving around.

Comment

I had a wounded buck that that was killed by coyotes a few years back. When I found the buck he had blood on his horns. I found a dead coyote by its smell two days later. At least he took one of them with him.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Back in the Dark Ages when I still watched hunting shows, the Drurys filmed three coyotes taking down a mature northern buck, one of those 200 lb. plus bucks. Of course they were bowhunting and just had to watch.

Comment

That was cool to watch!

Comment

While I agree that the buck may have been injured prior, then being finished off by the coyotes, I do have pictures of him about 10:00 pm at one of the feeders, and he seems perfectly fine. So something must have happened between then and about 12:30 am when he arrives back at the water trough.

Either way I'm pretty bummed about it, that deer was only about 3 years old and I had some high hopes for him over the next couple of years.

Comment

Bucks will also turn and fight, then they get taken down by the other one. I’ve lost Several deer the last 2 years bc of coyotes

Comment

Might be blue tongue, deer will get in water due to fever.

Comment

Where's this at?

Comment

My bet is that buck was wounded and was easier pickins than hunting. Yotes are opportunists and rarely miss an easy meal.
                                Death by fang and claw is a much more violent fate than the one the hunters arrow bestows.
                                Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X