Comment

durn Mike your huntin spots look great, thanks for takin us along

Comment

Good luck, Mike, I’m tagging along!

Comment

Enjoying the updates

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
            Thanks Stacey !! I hope your back is healing up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            Thanks Mike. It's easy to over do things. Must focus on 3 months of sacrifice is worth proper healing so I don't have major problems later.

Comment

4 for 4 on rattling so far. I was going to hunt a lock on stand across the road from the house yesterday evening. I got over to the stand and realized I had forgot my safety harness. I decided to sit at the end of a long hay meadow just across the road from our farm. I really didn't have much confidence in this spot and I thought I was going to get skunked. Right at last light a buck came out of the little island of timber on the left. He was headed up to the road to cross over to our farm. I grunted at him with no response. I hit the horns hard and rattled for about 30 second. My wife was out on our porch and heard me rattling.[emoji38] The buck turned and headed my way. He got to about 30 yards and started pawing the ground. He was not a shooter and I didn't want to mess with him so I started getting my stuff together. He wouldn't leave. He wanted to fight. He was still in the field when I walked out.

3 bucks so far this morning. Brisk NW wind and 35 degrees. I am back in the tree saddle. Little 6 point at scrape. Spike walked by up hill from me. There was a bigger buck feeding down hill from me. I lost track of him while watching the little 6 at the scrape.

While typing this I decided to rattle before it gets any later in the morning. I rattled a short session. Looked over my left shoulder and at about 50 yards there stood a buck. I think it had to be the bigger buck I had seen earlier and lost track of that must have bedded down. I grabbed my bow off the hook and got ready. He didn't act like he was going to come it so I grunted at him. He started up the hill and I got a chance to look at t him thru my binos. After seeing him thru the binos I knew I didn't want to shoot him. Decent 8 with a broken brow tine, but not a shooter. I have already passed two 10s that were better bucks.

First picture is the buck last night. It was getting dark and the picture is not good. Second, third and fourth pictures are the buck I just rattled in. Also there are pics of the little 6 point and spike that have come thru this morning. I have actually seen a total of 5 bucks this morning. Something just spooked two that came running from the clear cut thru this timber that I am in.

Comment

Getting it dialed in!! Good luck!

Comment

I am hunting behind the house this evening. This is my first sit on my food plots. I didn't want to hunt around the food plots until at least November 1st. I didn't want to bust the does out of here before the rut gets underway.

I have a doe on the micro plot in front of me and a chunky young 8 point working a scrape behind me.

Comment

Your plots are working great ! It’s just a matter of time now......

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Your plots are working great ! It’s just a matter of time now......
                      I hope so. No matter the outcome I am having an awesome time!!

Comment

We are looking at a warming trend for the rest of the rest of the week. The next 6 days close to 70 degrees for the high. Definitely not Iowa November temps and not perfect for the peak rut.[emoji3525]

This should be a good morning though. My outdoor thermometer is showing 20 degrees down here in our crick bottom.

Comment

Gonna be crisp this morning

Good luck

Comment

Frosty morning and dead calm. I just had a small buck cruise by. I got my hunting partner in the tree in front of me. Pretty sunrise over the house view from the tree stand.

Comment

My cat decoy for the win. He leads them right to me.[emoji38][emoji106]

5 does and a forked horn this morning so far.

Comment

Maybe I missed it....but is that your cat and he just follows you and hangs out when your hunting?

Comment

Working...
                                X