No announcement yet.

Southeast Iowa Live.....Come Along for the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to report. I rattled in the little buck yesterday morning. I saw no deer yesterday evening and no deer this morning.

I always tell people that if you are not too picky here in Iowa you can kill a buck. If you are too picky you might be eating tag soup.

Well....I have been real picky, but I am a long ways from tag soup. I got until January 10th.[emoji106]

I got down at 10 this morning and was looking for a tree in the clear cut. It is a clear cut so most of the trees are gone. I found this just down the ridge into the clear cut.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty good sign that there are good bucks out there, as if you didn’t already know.

All I have to say about the miss: If you ain’t missed, then you ain’t shot much ! You have time to rectify that situation, and my guess is that you will. Even if you don’t, you’ve entertained us all !

Comment

Keep at’m Mike.
        I’ve enjoyed the thread, the text and the help with deer scents.
        Good luck this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Pretty good sign that there are good bucks out there, as if you didn’t already know.

All I have to say about the miss: If you ain’t missed, then you ain’t shot much ! You have time to rectify that situation, and my guess is that you will. Even if you don’t, you’ve entertained us all !
          Thanks for following along. If you are ever up in this neck of the woods I want you to come and visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
            Keep at’m Mike.
            I’ve enjoyed the thread, the text and the help with deer scents.
            Good luck this evening.
            Thanks Heith. Good luck to you guys.

It strange for November 7th and 8th. I have had very little movement. I had 7 or 8 different bucks I've on the timbered ridge and clear cut. Yesterday morning and this morning only one little 5 point. Might should have hunted evenings there. I had only seen one doe there in several sits. All bucks. I am sure the bucks have moved in search of does.

I am trying a different spot this evening on my neighbors ground. A creek intersection splitting two clover fields. Cut beans about 200 yards to my left. I saw a group of does here about two weeks ago. Right now if you find the does you will find the bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              Thanks for following along. If you are ever up in this neck of the woods I want you to come and visit.

There’s a possibility that we might travel to ND next spring break, if we do, you can be sure I’ll do an Iowa detour ! Thanks for the invite !

Comment

Good looking area.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  There’s a possibility that we might travel to ND next spring break, if we do, you can be sure I’ll do an Iowa detour ! Thanks for the invite !
                  That's going to be a pretty big detour to his area of Iowa from anywhere in ND!

Keep the pix coming Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    That's going to be a pretty big detour to his area of Iowa from anywhere in ND!

Keep the pix coming Mike!
                    I’ve done it before a couple times. My wife has kin in Iowa.

Comment

In the stand on our farm. It's 6:10am November 9th and it's 63 degrees. That's only 40 degrees warmer than this day last year. I am sitting here before daylight with no thermal underwear, no jacket, just lightweight hunting clothes.

I killed a buck on November 9th last year. Let's see what happens despite the heat wave.[emoji106]

Comment

Good luck this morning

Comment

Good luck

It was 71 in Lindale this morning

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Good luck

It was 71 in Lindale this morning
                            .....and 90% humidity. Not exactly deer hunting weather in my view, but good luck Mike, stranger things have happened.

Comment

Waiting on updates! There's a front coming, hope it treats you well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                                Waiting on updates! There's a front coming, hope it treats you well.
                                It has been real slow the last 3 days.

Waiting on the storms to pass thru. We had heavy rain up from about 5:00am until noon and strong gusty winds. It is forecast to be 28 in the morning with light wind.

I needed today off. I have been hunting everyday since Oct. 18th. Evening sits up until Oct. 29th then two sits a day until yesterday. I was getting pretty tired. It looks like we are going to have a SW wind tomorrow. I am planning where I am going to set up now.

Comment

Working...
                                X