X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Here we are again.

SMFH

He's 45 minutes late and isn't answering his phone. That boy is wearing on my last nerve.

Time to cut bait for awhile and put him in a fishing timeout...

Maybe time away will make him want to go....

And I agree....Its too **** cold to fish. Well at least up here in DFW at 38 degrees it is.. Add in the 25-30mph winds with gusts to 40 coming and nope.

Comment

Maybe you should fish in the evening....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        Now is probably not the best time to ask this. But here goes. I'm not hip enough to know what is cool. Why didn't your son just wear pants? Instead of the yoga pants with shorts?
        LOL your kid is a lazy azz

Comment

In all seriousness have a talk with him. Tell him if he doesn't want to go don't commit. Also, share some advice. Lots of post on here saying I wish I had one more fish trip. One more coffee. Remind him as we grow older. Us parents need kids just like the kids need parents from time to time. The time you're asking from his presence is minor to all the time you gave loving him. I share that from personal experience. As a son and now a father.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            Maybe you should fish in the evening....
            Ehh early worm gets the fish or whatever the saying is.

Comment

Surely this is just his personality and likely his boss(ex-boss) saw the same things.

He looks old enough and not a KID anymore IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                I don't know why I think this is funny. Maybe he hates to fish with you just a thought. I know he should tell you but he's scared to

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                🤣 🤣 lmao

Comment

Just go on! Maybe he will show up on time next time! That said I'm glad I'm at the office today. 20-30MPH NW winds here.

Comment

Without a long drawn out post telling you my whole story I went through some issues with my son along the same lines. Basically he felt like I was pressuring him to hunt and fish with me and he wanted to spend his time with friends and socializing.

It came to a head and I just sat him down and told him look, I love you and you are ALWAYS welcome to go hunting and fishing with me. And up to now I have always asked you if you wanted to go every single time I go. But we are going to change that now. I am not asking you again. If and when you decide you want to go hunting or fishing with me you come ask me to go. I am done asking. I've asked for x years, now it's your turn to do the asking.

That took the pressure off of him to do something he didn't really want to do just to please me and it took the pressure off of me of dealing with all the assorted headaches that him going when he really didn't want to had been causing. I'd say it took a little over a year before he came up to me and asked me if I'd take him fishing. Fast forward a couple of years and he is eaten up with hunting more than ever and he goes fishing with me as much as I have the opportunity to take him. And we gradually got back to me asking him if he wants to go to the lease this weekend or if he wants to fish fri evening. But things have changed a little, he isn't afraid to say no. If he wants to do something with friends he just tells me no and that is fine. No hard feelings. He learned that I am going with or without him and he can go or not go and it doesn't hurt anything or change anything I am doing either way. I always thought it was that way... but he didn't.

Sometimes our kids will agree to go hunt and fish with us even though that isn't where their heart lies or their interests lie. They do it out of a sense of obligation and wanting to please us.
                    Last edited by Capt Glenn; 01-15-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

That boy is just casting in a different cove than you are right now.

Comment

From what I have gathered from the thread is that the OP really doesnt care if the boy goes fishing with him or not, but its the fact that if/when the boy does say he is going to go that he no shows on him and does not even try to contact him and tell him he is backing out. That would **** me off too. If I am waiting on my son or fishing buddy to show up and they are running late, they should at least text me and let me know and I will wait for them. If they cant make it, they should text me and let me know. Nothing worse than waiting around wasting time for someone that isnt going to show up. Things happen from time to time that cause delays or even cause you to not be able to make the trip, but at least communicate and let the others know.

Comment

Well we finally made it down to the fishing hole.

I had to come to Victoria to buy some parts for my truck. I asked him if he wanted to ride with me and it was his idea to go early and make a fishing trip out of it.

I don't know why he can't hear a alarm.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Told you before. When you invited the right lure he was there on time

Comment

I’ll never forget the one time that my dad couldn’t get me wake up, so he left without me. I was probably about 10 or 11. Out of all the times we went fishing, that is one of the days that stuck with me. If I ever have a kid, I think I would be patient and wait. Isn’t the time spent together the whole point of fishing with your kids?

Comment

Hopefully he bought the gas and/or beer....

Comment

Working...
                                X