Late for fishing. AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMMMMM

Not sure what to say, except these fishing lessons or lack thereof will show up later in life when he gets a job(late to work)

Life lessons

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      One of most irritating things to me is people who aren't on time or don't show up when they say they will. It was drilled into me as a kid by my Dad that if you weren't 15 mins early then you were late. Being somewhere on time is important to me and I will leave someone before I'm late. I've found that way too many people's "I'll be there in 5 mins", translates to actually getting there in 30 mins.
      Hit the nail on the head! Some people just don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        One of most irritating things to me is people who aren't on time or don't show up when they say they will. It was drilled into me as a kid by my Dad that if you weren't 15 mins early then you were late. Being somewhere on time is important to me and I will leave someone before I'm late. I've found that way too many people's "I'll be there in 5 mins", translates to actually getting there in 30 mins.

Yup... in high school, our coach called it "Lombardi Time"... 15-20 minutes early is "on time"...

I HATE being late! I also despise it when folks don't show up on time... When I had my offshore boat, I've left a bunch of folks at the dock... What I started telling folks is "the boat leaves the dock at 6:00 AM. If you want to be on it, be there at 5:45... If you're not going to be there until 6:01, just turn around and go back home 'cause the boat will be gone...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Yup... in high school, our coach called it "Lombardi Time"... 15-20 minutes early is "on time"...

I HATE being late! I also despise it when folks don't show up on time... When I had my offshore boat, I've left a bunch of folks at the dock... What I started telling folks is "the boat leaves the dock at 6:00 AM. If you want to be on it, be there at 5:45... If you're not going to be there until 6:01, just turn around and go back home 'cause the boat will be gone...
          Yes sir. I tell my kids 15 mins early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable. Still trying to train my wife after 16 years lol.

Comment

I’m glad my dad never made fishing feel like a job interview..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I’m glad my dad never made fishing feel like a job interview..

Good for you Dale. I think I saw a thread where someone was asking for parenting advice. This isn't it.

Comment

Hogg- Im just gonna take a guess here- I bet some young lady is fishing with better lures than you have in your tackle box. Some things you just cant beat.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Hogg- Im just gonna take a guess here- I bet some young lady is fishing with better lures than you have in your tackle box. Some things you just cant beat.
                  I know you're right on that one. If they'd had sold them at Bass Pro, I'd have a box full of them.

Comment

Jay, it's gonna be alright... This won't be the last time he breaks your heart, but you just remember the old "...train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it..." There's a lot happens between now and "when he is old"... You have a fine son and Clay will be just fine and will love you back... Give him some space and time... Tell him how you feel, but be kind with it and not confrontational...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Jay, it's gonna be alright... This won't be the last time he breaks your heart, but you just remember the old "...train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it..." There's a lot happens between now and "when he is old"... You have a fine son and Clay will be just fine and will love you back... Give him some space and time... Tell him how you feel, but be kind with it and not confrontational...
                      I don't think I was confrontational with him. I did let him know that I was disappointed and worried more than anything. He'll get over it and so will I. We plan on Fishing next weekend.

Comment

I hate when people show up early to an appointment, and stand around looking like an envelope with no address on it. I’ll make them wait in the show room until the agreed-upon time for the appointment. If you have to be 15 minutes early everywhere just be on time, then you can waste your 15 minutes not mine.

Also, if anyone finds any of those “better lures “at bass pro… I’ll take everyone they have.[emoji16]

Good luck on your next fishing trip.

Comment

Jay you might ask the wife unit to talk to him and have her tell you how standing you up hurt your feelings. Sometimes that other person can get through.

That being said next time you go strip about 20yrds of line off and cut it on his favorite rod re-spool with cut line. Tell him after he watches his lure sail off to neverland that was his payback for standing you up.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            yep, it's undefeated!

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                              yep, it's undefeated!
                              I got smart and invited the bait to go fishing with us.

We had a great day chasing ditch pickles.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                I got smart and invited the bait to go fishing with us.

We had a great day chasing ditch pickles.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
                                Haha, good move! Some great pictures there!

Comment

Working...
                                X