No announcement yet.

180” Deer or 30” Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of yall are trippin. A fish? Really? Over a 180 class buck. That's just dumb.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I’ve killed several 30” deer, but a 180” trout would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You never disappoint!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Some of yall are trippin. A fish? Really? Over a 180 class buck. That's just dumb.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Agreed but I chase both on public land and u cant bait public land in LA. Ive caught a lot of big top water trout, 3 over 30. The big buck would be my choice but it would be free range public land no bait. Probably elude me forever. The trout im bored with pretty much hung it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

180 inch low fence archery deer. A True (I live in Lake Fork and see a lot of fake 10’s) 10lb bass, 350 inch elk, .................................................. .., 3 lb crappie, 30 inch trout. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            180 inch LF in east Texas

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            Yep... easy choice

Comment

A 30 inch trout is much easier to come by than a 180 inch low fence buck. Everyone has access to 30 inch trout. Very few have access to land that holds 180 low fence deer. We caught a 30 on Saturday.

Comment

I have 3 180s low fence bucks and 1 30” trout. I think the trout was harder to come by but those big deer mean more to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

180” Castrated Whitetail in a high fence in Oklahoma all day long hand fed and shot with a 300 mag at 30 yards ���� Just kidding definitely a low fence 180” buck with a bow would be a dream come true !

Comment

Trout for me.

Comment

I have caught 4-5 trout over 30”. Many trout in the 28”-29” range.

The bigger goal is a +10lb trout. I have only caught one of those and it is on the wall. The only trout I ever kept and had mounted.

My bigger trophy is my 27” flounder that went over 10lbs as well. I kept it to eat, but ended up having it mounted as well.
                      Last edited by Greenheadless; 10-14-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Trout is the tougher get. Not only can you go buy a shot at a buck that size, but you can pay the money to get on some low fence ranches where you’ll probably get a shot at one. I fish southeast Texas, and there are very few 30-inch trout here. I could go south and get around more of them, but could still fish years and years and never even hook one. That said, I’d take the buck, but only completely free range. We have a 140-150 8-point that’s been eluding us for 3 years on my east Texas lease, and I’d take him over the 30-inch trout as well, but I do believe the trout is a tougher feat, as it can’t be done just by being rich. There are a lot of guys out there with money who have a lot of giant bucks on their wall, but they can’t go throw $10k around and get that trout.

Comment

I’d take a 180 buck over a 40 inch trout, I really don’t care for fishing unless it’s blue marlin.

Comment

Give me the buck, but that is 100% tied to my preference of hunting over fishing

Comment

Ill take the 180" buck as well, Ive caught a 31 1/4" speck but the buck eludes me.

Comment

Low fence 180” > 30” trout. 180” buck in bow range and I’d be lucky to hit a piece of plywood from all the shaking and heavy breathing. I’d rather catch a 30” trout and not know what it was until the last 20 seconds before I try to net it. Either way I could see myself screwing up either scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X